Werdum is a lock

He's not going to get bullied against the fence like Junior, Kongo, or Rothwell. He will simply fall to his guard if Cain try's to grind against the fence negating Cain's biggest strength. He's deadly off his back so Cain won't want to fight him on the ground.

He has superior reach, greater 1 shot KO power, and better Muay Thai. Most importantly Cain is coming back from a 20 month layoff.

Honestly Werdum is a lock and I'm surprised more people don't see that. I'll bump this after the fight.

It might be a competitive fight but I doubt it. When you say any fighter is "dangerous" from their back is a huge red flag against high level JJ BB like Cain, who is will GNP..

Interesting fight. Cain is stronger but more predictable; Werdum is trickier but an underdog.

Im betting on Werdum, but I wouldnt call his fight with Cain a lock.

Cain may or may not follow Werdum to the ground if he pulls guard and if he does I'm sure he'll go straight into GnP mode. I doubt he'll leave arms open and will keep good posture to avoid the submissions.

Pulling for Werdum

dropping to his but?? like he did against reem??? I like werdum, but that will not win any fight

Werdum will get destroyed, it wont be even close.. It's sad that Cain again has to prove he's way above everyone else in HW.

Lol, wut? He's fought 2 guys in 5 years, and s coming off a huge layoff. If ever there was a champ who needed to prove he still ruled a division, it's Cain. Besides which, the whole point of title fights is to determine who the best is.

Saying anyone at HW is a lock is stupid honestly
No he's not
Yea, Cain is going to rough your boy up and leave you wondering wtf just happened.
Even if Werdum wins, it wasn't a lock.
And this.

If he wins, there's no "ownage" to be had here. We're simply saying that it's stupid of you to have called this a lock, which is true regardless of the outcome.
Even if he wins, you're wrong. He isn't a lock. Betting on this fight is stupid unless you're a medical professional who has been working closely with Cain recently. His condition is THE deciding factor in this fight.
A lock?? I dont know about that.

I hope Werdum wins but as long as Cain isnt affected by the lay off and injuries people are going to be surprised how easily Cain wins this one

Fight will be over by the 3rd round - Cain wins

A lock against Cain Velasquez...

Now I've seen it all.
Werdum will get destroyed, it wont be even close.. It's sad that Cain again has to prove he's way above everyone else in HW.
Cain will win easily. Takedown and grind.

Great call guys! But it looks like your cumulative experience of 126,082 posts on Sherdog (yes I added them up) didn't help you out this time! Better luck next 126,082 posts.

Great call guys! But it looks like your cumulative experience of 126,082 posts on Sherdog (yes I added them up) didn't help you out this time! Better luck next 126,082 posts.

Did you even read what we wrote before? You continue to somehow not be able to grasp a simple point and seem to be blatantly ignoring it at this point. I disputed the fact that you said it was a lock. And as for me personally, read my other posts (via my post history) about this fight.

Not exactly a graceful winner are you?

Although adding the posts was kinda funny

Cain looked terrible even before getting beat in the striking but whatever the reason, pretty ballsy to claim a +460 underdog is a lock. Good call.

Back