Werdum is a lock

Dropping to guard worked well for him against Overeem didn't it? If he does that he will only gas himself out and then will be in real trouble. He needs to keep the fight standing and maintain distance, which will be hard to do considering Cain's pressure, but it's possible he can catch Cain with something. If the fight does go to the ground, expect Cain to transition immediately to half guard or get up; that is until later in the fight where Cain will unleash fury . Although Werdum is a legitimate threat, I don't see him winning the fight. At heavyweight, Cain's not so secret weapon is his cardio, which seems to be Werdum's weakness.

To be fair, it did work really well--he submitted overeem by dropping to guard in their first fight, and he successfully nullified overeems standup in their 2nd fight by dropping to guard whenever he was in a position to get tagged. If that fight had been longer than 3 rounds, werdum would have won--and he arguably won anyway since he landed more and harder shots and had the only takedown.

Because falling to guard like he did against overeem will get him the win? He will get pounded out cold

you forgot to post the betting slip where you bet your house on Werdum, TS. If he's such a lock, post the slip. Otherwise stfu.

Cain only used the clinch against JDS. Do you even watch Cain fights? He wrecked all the others with his striking and wrestling.

Cain only used the clinch against JDS. Do you even watch Cain fights? He wrecked all the others with his striking and wrestling.

This. it was the most effective gameplan for JDS because to this day, he still doesn't know how to counter it. Cain will probably KO Werdum with punches standing

Werdum will be the true goat killer when he submits Cain just like he did fedor

Saying anyone at HW is a lock is stupid honestly

This is all that needs to be said. Anything can happen when you are 230+ and up. I love the odds on Mr Werdum but also feel Cain is a rightful favorite. He may be the wrong guy wrong time for Fabric Werdum.

Cain needs to watch out for Werdum's knees and stay out of his closed guard and this will be a straight forward 5 round decision.

Oh no, he's not.

Feel free to bet your house on him though.

Thanks TS!
I already bet 10 on him but i put some more since it's a lock!

He's not going to get bullied against the fence like Junior, Kongo, or Rothwell. He will simply fall to his guard if Cain try's to grind against the fence negating Cain's biggest strength. He's deadly off his back so Cain won't want to fight him on the ground.

He has superior reach, greater 1 shot KO power, and better Muay Thai. Most importantly Cain is coming back from a 20 month layoff.

Honestly Werdum is a lock and I'm surprised more people don't see that. I'll bump this after the fight.

Knees and Kicks will be a factor; should be mentioned.

I say Werdum is as likely to finish Velasquez with knees in the clinch, or spinning wheel kick, (and be effective with front kicks and leg kicks)... as likely as finish it with a submission.

Edit: Not a "lock" but just as likely.

Last edited:
He's not going to get bullied against the fence like Junior, Kongo, or Rothwell. He will simply fall to his guard if Cain try's to grind against the fence negating Cain's biggest strength. He's deadly off his back so Cain won't want to fight him on the ground.

He has superior reach, greater 1 shot KO power, and better Muay Thai. Most importantly Cain is coming back from a 20 month layoff.

Honestly Werdum is a lock and I'm surprised more people don't see that. I'll bump this after the fight.

So Werdum's plan should be that whenever Cain has him against the cage and is punching him in the face, he ought to just fall on his back?

That will surely make him look dominant in the eyes of the judges!

It's not like that strategy hasn't worked for him before or anything.

I'm getting a kick out of how many people are saying "but if he wins it wasn't a lock".

Lol, hedging your bets already? Werdum is winning and he is absolutely a lock.

Werdum is going to flop like a fish out of water this saturday.

You know, its a solid argument. Add in the fact that Cain HAS TO HAVE AT LEAST A LITTLE SELF DOUBT... Being away so long and first time in 5 years facing someone not named Jds or Silva. Plus Fabricio is playing to the Mexicans extremely well, he speaks Spanish better than Cain does.

But still, i think Cain got this, people are forgetting WHO THE BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET really is. The question to me is, will Cain psych out Cain, thas it.

My only thing is I can see something like what happened to him vs JDS happening. There is no doubt in my mind that Cain is the best. He's just been away for so long that he may be rusty and get caught with something. Work his way back up and show us exactly why he is the best.

After watching the countdown and reviewing how Werdum's technique has evolved I'm excited for the fight though. He's a legit contender for the belt..

Back