What’s everyone’s go to drink at a bar/resro?

at a bar, i get a pint of lager (Moosehead if they have it), at a resro i may start with whiskey on the rocks or have wine the whole time.

I always ask for a porter or a stout and then get told they dont have either one so I end up with another fucking IPA because thats all they ever have
I really regret trying to turn everyone on to IPA's 20 years ago cause now I am really reaping what I sewed
Tree water

{<redford}

Or they say they have an imperial stout, and you find out after a few of them that they're like 700% alc/vol and cost $25.
I prefer my beer not to taste like liquor. I can have a shot of angels envy if I want to taste liquor

I used to do Corona, but now I ask for any IPA.
I do grab tequila or whiskey, but my FIRST is always a pint.
I ask for any craft beer that's not an IPA.
I always ask for a porter or a stout and then get told they dont have either one so I end up with another fucking IPA because thats all they ever have
I really regret trying to turn everyone on to IPA's 20 years ago cause now I am really reaping what I sewed
I really thought we could be friends, and then I find out it was you who poisoned the well!!
I don't mind a hazy / tropical / New England IPA, as long as it doesn't have that bitter, tree-sap, slap in the face the hipsters are so enamored with.
Beer: Usually a belgium white ale
Drink: Zombie
1706807071942.png
1706807124300.png

Beer - depends what they have. I like brown, red, golden ales mostly.

Mixed drinks - margaritas, dirty gin martini, tequila sunrise, gin and pineapple juice, white russian, sex on the beach.

Straight drinks - scotch, tequila, gin depending on what they have and the quality of it.

Wine - I like sweeter wine over dry. Niagra, concord, traminette, Riesling. Mead. Pomegranate wine is also really good if made right.

I ask for any craft beer that's not an IPA.

I really thought we could be friends, and then I find out it was you who poisoned the well!!
I don't mind a hazy / tropical / New England IPA, as long as it doesn't have that bitter, tree-sap, slap in the face the hipsters are so enamored with.

View attachment 1027275
View attachment 1027276
Allagash is good, but ive never seen it at a bar or restaurant in my area. Usually im drinking Hoegaarden, SA cold snap, or blue moon when im out drinking.

The best lager they have. If they have shit beer, an Old Fashioned.

Allagash is good, but ive never seen it at a bar or restaurant in my area. Usually im drinking Hoegaarden, SA cold snap, or blue moon when im out drinking.
Surprising enough, the Buffalo Wild Wings were I go to catch UFC has it on tap. Their best beer and by far the best way to have Allagash. Bottles are mediocre - muted flavors, but on tap it lives up to it's rep.

I prefer my beer not to taste like liquor. I can have a shot of angels envy if I want to taste liquor
It's deceptive. They taste a little stronger, but not as strong as they are. I like guiness because it's only like 4.5% in the US, so you can sip several over a few hours and not get smashed. They usually have a more reasonable oateal or coconut stout or porter, but definitely not uncommon for the only ones to be like 9-12%

Aren't you normally supposed to chase with a beer?

XD

I like opening with an ale too. Molson Canadian.

Back