What’s the thinking behind Barboza fighting another wrestler in Kevin Lee?

The thinking is best top 10 available vs. top 10 available and I'm very cool with that.

The Classic Grappler vs Striker never gets old.

Both coming off losses. Both available

Ta-daaaaaaa

Did you see Lee's fight with Al when compare it to Khabibs? Their grappling level is very different and Barbosa has great TDD which is the scary thing about Khabib.

I love when people use old fights to make a point about a skill someone's clearly improved a ton on while pretending they haven't.

Hey,did you see his first fight in the UFC 13 fights ago?His grappling sucks man...mmaprofessional lol.Lee has had more fights than Khabib's entire UFC career since the Al fight and almost choked Al out iirc.

It feels like yesterday Khabib destroyed Edson on the ground.

And now he is fighting another wrestler. He must be thrilled.

Who’s the matchmaker for LW and why this fight?
Because they want Khabib-Lee obv. Come on, son.

Lee outwrrsled Mustafaev. I just saw this on youtube and i gotta say it was impressive. Mustafaev is a big strong dude for the division and no slouch at wrestling. Barboza is in bih trouble again .

I love when people use old fights to make a point about a skill someone's clearly improved a ton on while pretending they haven't.

Hey,did you see his first fight in the UFC 13 fights ago?His grappling sucks man...mmaprofessional lol.Lee has had more fights than Khabib's entire UFC career since the Al fight and almost choked Al out iirc.
Someone's very hurt here. It'll be okay.

I'm not hurt just pointing out that you're an idiot is all,have a nice day friend.
Using defensive language instead of stating an argument against a statement. I will and always have fantastic days.

Bud, they don't make fights based only on stylistic matchups. Rankings and availability dictate a lot. This match makes sense just fine.

Edson’s been around forever, they use him to make name for new contender

Or simply to validate the fact that not too long ago, they gave that no-name guy a shot at yet another interim title....LOL

Both guys need rebound fights after a loss. True, LW is like 80-100 dudes deep, but recognizable names are few. I think UFC is hoping that they’ll get a fresh contender-champ match-up out of this: if Lee wins, he’s a fresh challenge to both Khabib and Poirier; if Barboza wins, I guess they hope Poirier is champ. This keeps division moving while Ferg, Alvarez, and Gaethje heal up.

Back