What a beast!!! Next for Volk?

Surgery, probably back end of the year or early 2024. Put him against Topuria and when he wins move up, won't be anyone left at 145 who would be a compelling contender.

I just hope he stays at FW and continues to rack up title defenses. He's just so unbelievably good but also small. All of the 155er, other than Arman, are way taller and bigger than him.

I think he's in the goat territory with one or two more title defenses.

Every time I see him fight, I believe more and more that Volkanovski might be my favorite fighter.
Not just in the cage,but his incredible confidence and seeing it grow and grow over time,him overcoming the covid health stuff,and come out of it super fuckin saiyan,its a wonder to behold and very inspiring.

Volk is a weight bully
cm-punk-wwe.gif

Only thing you could do is resurrect 2011 Aldo, but I agree. Volk is the Best Featherweight behind Aldo, no doubt about it. Holloway is the Third.
Volk would drown 2011 Aldo in the later rounds

Pretty sure Yair has always had a questionable heart.
I wouldnt say that.

But he cant get out from under Volk even when he isnt getting beat on,so it was a pretty hopeless situation for him,when hes hurt and getting pummled even further

I just hope he stays at FW and continues to rack up title defenses. He's just so unbelievably good but also small. All of the 155er, other than Arman, are way taller and bigger than him.

I think he's in the goat territory with one or two more title defenses.
Guy's nigh on 35, don't think time's on his side, one more at FW would make sense as it sounds like with surgery he wouldn't be ready for Islam in October. Fight Topuria in December or early 2024 put a beating on him then move up permanently would be the best option imo.

Just really disappointed by yair tbh
Yair brought what he had to the table. I dont see why anyone would be surprised. He's not a technician. He throws unorthodox shit from range and is a guy who has to lure someone into getting caught with something wild,and needs space to work. Volk just was able to get reads and get closer and closer.

Yair brought what he had to the table. I dont see why anyone would be surprised. He's not a technician. He is a guy who has to lure someone into getting caught with something wild,and needs space to work. Volk just was able to get reads and get closer and closer.
It’s definitely not surprising. Just disappointing he hasn’t improved his weaknesses at all.

Reactions: HHJ
There's nobody for him at 145. Max is destroying everyone and Volk beat him three times. He fought Yair because that was all that was left

I just want to see him beat a 155lb contender before he gets a title shot.

Volk can do whatever the fuck he wants, so many options for him.

Maybe Aljo moves up, maybe he fights Top next, maybe Islam again, maybe winner of DP and Gaethje.

Back