What changes would you like to see in MMA in 2020?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
We've had a great year with a lot of fun fights and awesome cards. But there are a couple of things I'd like the UFC to change up in 2020..

I'd like to see the UFC modify these two things next year:

1- Reduce the number of Fight Nights (we don't need a card every weekend and if they chopped off 10-12 Fight Nights per year we'd have more good - great fighters on more good - great cards), I'm in.

2- Add 2 more judges for each fight, making it a total of 5 judges. This would minimize(at least lower it IMO) the number of bad decisions thus giving us more just outcomes and a better sport.

What do you say?

Number 1 contenders only get title shots. If they're injured then number 2. Only have Champions fight each other if they're both dominate for a while so divisions don't keep getting paused.

I'm all for a Fight Night card every weekend. More of them. To keep the non-top 10 fighters busy and away from the first 3 fights on PPVs. UFC 245 line up was probably the best in a long time in terms of ranked fighters.
As long as the UFC can't fill up the first 3 fights on PPVs with garbage (in terms of shelling out $55-65) I'm all for keeping fighters busy on FN cards. I don't nor do we have to watch all of the Fight Night cards.

Other than that, some judging changes are needed and the 10 point system needs to go. I mean what's the difference between a 10-8 and a 10-2?

Fight night weights published by every commission, not just Cali

I'm all for a Fight Night card every weekend. More of them. To keep the non-top 10 fighters busy and away from the first 3 fights on PPVs. UFC 245 line up was probably the best in a long time in terms of ranked fighters.
As long as the UFC can't fill up the first 3 fights on PPVs with garbage (in terms of shelling out $55-65) I'm all for keeping fighters busy on FN cards. I don't nor do we have to watch all of the Fight Night cards.

Other than that, some judging changes are needed and the 10 point system needs to go. I mean what's the difference between a 10-8 and a 10-2 at?

Do you really wanna see a million trash FNs a year?

Why not just have more stacked PPVs that'll get us excited like 235,244 and 245 did?

1-165 and 175 weight classes instead of 170.
155-175 pound weight classes have the most talent and are truly exciting.

2-Regulate weight cutting.
No cuts over 20 pounds.

Gender equality bouts..

let’s see the moral high ground practice what it preaches

We've had a great year with a lot of fun fights and awesome cards. But there are a couple of things I'd like the UFC to change up in 2020..

I'd like to see the UFC modify these two things next year:

1- Reduce the number of Fight Nights (we don't need a card every weekend and if they chopped off 10-12 Fight Nights per year we'd have more good - great fighters on more good - great cards), I'm in.

2- Add 2 more judges for each fight, making it a total of 5 judges. This would minimize(at least lower it IMO) the number of bad decisions thus giving us more just outcomes and a better sport.

What do you say?

Down for this.

Add in less WMMA as majority of it is very low level trash.

I can sum it up to a hashtag

#SportOverProfit

All I want for Christmas is new UFC gloves that will prevent eye pokes....and a REF cam.

All I want for Christmas is new UFC gloves that will prevent eye pokes....and a REF cam.
useless, just make a yellow/red card system and believe me eye pokes will became extremely rare.

I would like to have more judges, like 7 or 9 is good. MMA is far complexe than boxing, 3 judges is not enough to evaluate all the lvl of complexity in an MMA fight.

I want people to stop asking for things we asked 10 years ago and we know it won't happen.

Do you really wanna see a million trash FNs a year?

Why not just have more stacked PPVs that'll get us excited like 235,244 and 245 did?
how you want to have more stacked PPVs without building up new fighters on FN cards?UFC needs to be in constant flow: old stars retire, new are created. your idea will work for like 2 years, then lots of known fighters will retire, and you are left with roster full of nobodies...

Back