Would you prefer?

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Quick question/suggestion ( hopefully i can get a simple poll , Yes or No)

Would you prefer it if the UFC did fewer UFC PPV per year like maybe 10 or less numbered UFC PPVs ( at $79.99)a year but do more free TV fight nights a year , like every 2 weeks or something pretty consistent ...

My thinking is , the build up and excitement for big fights and PPVs were never higher then back in the day when you had to wait 2 months for the next event ..

And with more fight nights they can have more free content and therefore more main stream attention garnered ... Better chance of being spotted by randoms... and it allows them to groom their roster rather quickly so the PPVs should be more stacked...as contendership is already handled in fight nights ..

Would you prefer this over the current mumble jumble of events and spacing ...

What say you.

YAH OR NAH
961865-490e5590d6abd16cfaf3fe67c95a60ba.jpg

I’d say no more than 4 or 5 PPV’s a year, stacked with 2-3 championship matches or title elimination fights with the known named fighters. Use the fight nights as a prelude to the build up of the PPV’s for the lower-middling fighters, maybe the occasional title fight or TS eliminator, but try to reserve those for the few stacked PPV’s. With there being 11 weight classes in the UFC and ideally the champs defending 2X per year this would be totally feasible.

I’d say no more than 4 or 5 PPV’s a year, stacked with 2-3 championship matches or title elimination fights with the known named fighters. Use the fight nights as a prelude to the build up of the PPV’s for the lower-middling fighters, maybe the occasional title fight or TS eliminator, but try to reserve those for the few stacked PPV’s. With there being 11 weight classes in the UFC and ideally the champs defending 2X per year this would be totally feasible.

I could definitely get behind this ... And that $79.99 tag would definitely be worth it alot more consistently then now... speaking as someone who fluctuated for a long time between paying and streaming ... $80 for a stacked card everytime... wouldnt be a hassle ...

I like your logic, TS. I limit myself to only 6 orgasms per year, so each one ends up being magical.

We should do the same thing with UFC events to build the excitement. Just without the ejaculation involved.

I could definitely get behind this ... And that $79.99 tag would definitely be worth it alot more consistently then now... speaking as someone who fluctuated for a long time between paying and streaming ... $80 for a stacked card everytime... wouldnt be a hassle ...
I’m just guessing that’s in the ballpark of what most casuals would probably purchase if they stacked the cards with names, I personally purchase 2-3 PPV’s per year and watch the less interesting ones for free on Sunday…lol. There going to need to revise the quickly dying PPV model sooner or later, even going to 3-4 super staked PPV’s a year with over 1m buys would likely draw more revenue than the current 11-12 a year with a 500k PPV being considered big and most drawing around 100k-200 buys. I have absolutely zero knowledge or numbers to back that up, just thinking it’s gotta be expensive for reserving the venue, production cost, ect… offset that by having the expectation of a certain number to break even, if just doesn’t make sense. The UFC can do fewer PPV’s in larger venues (bigger gate) with 3-5x the current buy rate, while reserving the smaller shows to ESPN+.

Last edited:
I’m just guessing that’s in the ballpark of what most casuals would probably purchase if they stacked the cards with names, I personally purchase 2-3 PPV’s per year and watch the less interesting ones for free on Sunday…lol. There going to need to revise the quickly dying PPV model sooner or later, even going to 3-4 super staked PPV’s a year with over 1m buys would likely draw more revenue than the current 11-12 a year with a 500k PPV being considered big and most drawing around 100k-200 buys. I have absolutely zero knowledge or numbers to back that up, just thinking it’s gotta be expensive for reserving the venue, production cost, ect… offset that by having the expectation of a certain number to break even, if just doesn’t make sense. The UFC can do fewer PPV’s in larger venues (bigger gate) with 3-5x the current buy rate, while reserving the smaller shows to ESPN+.

Maybe we get one of those stadium shows they talked about , if this is the direction they go moving forward... A stacked card in a stadium and PPV....raised octagon platform in the middle of the stadium ...proper lighting .. could be magical

Half time show of course LOL... And then back to the fights.

Quick question/suggestion ( hopefully i can get a simple poll , Yes or No)

Would you prefer it if the UFC did fewer UFC PPV per year like maybe 10 or less numbered UFC PPVs ( at $79.99)a year but do more free TV fight nights a year , like every 2 weeks or something pretty consistent ...

My thinking is , the build up and excitement for big fights and PPVs were never higher then back in the day when you had to wait 2 months for the next event ..

And with more fight nights they can have more free content and therefore more main stream attention garnered ... Better chance of being spotted by randoms... and it allows them to groom their roster rather quickly so the PPVs should be more stacked...as contendership is already handled in fight nights ..

Would you prefer this over the current mumble jumble of events and spacing ...

What say you.

YAH OR NAH
View attachment 1015198

I don't need to be manipulated to "build excitement"

I like watching fights on Saturday night.

Last week's free card was better than every PPV this year except maybe one. I like great free cards. Hell the prelims on the last Fight Night card was better than the PPV main cards.

So no... I don't need to have the UFC throttle my Saturday night fight intake.

Try coming up with a solution that has the damn PPVs sponsored well enough that we no longer have to pay... Now that would be a worthy cause for you to burn a few calories on.

I would rather pay a straight , yearly, fee to ESPN + for all UFC events
How much are you willing to pay per year. I'm thinking eventually this is what they will go to and it'll cost around about whatever baseball NFL NBA charges. If it was under 500 a year I'd probably do it. Hopefuly tko makes this happen. Just like what WWE does with peacock but with a bigger fee. I'm past ready for this

I am not interested in less fights at all. every 2 weekends is a big no thanks. I love fights every weekend plus other stuff during the week like the contender series or pfl or whatever else. I wish the contender series was year round

How much are you willing to pay per year. I'm thinking eventually this is what they will go to and it'll cost around about whatever baseball NFL NBA charges. If it was under 500 a year I'd probably do it. Hopefuly tko makes this happen. Just like what WWE does with peacock but with a bigger fee. I'm past ready for this

Not who you asked but I think $25 a month or $275 discount to get an entire year is a reasonable amount. Less would obviously be better but I think that’s about as much of a fair middle ground that could realistically happen. This is assuming 1 premium (ppv) level card and at least 2 Fight Night Level cards a month.

Not who you asked but I think $25 a month or $275 discount to get an entire year is a reasonable amount. Less would obviously be better but I think that’s about as much of a fair middle ground that could realistically happen. This is assuming 1 premium (ppv) level card and at least 2 Fight Night Level cards a month.
I would definitely buy it at $300 a year.

I would definitely buy it at $300 a year.
Me too. I think many would be willing to forgo nefarious means if the price was reasonable and the service was easily accessible and reliable.

Piracy is not the result of people just wanting to steal. It’s a result of having a product people want but inaccessible or at an unreasonable price point. Services like Spotify and HBO figured this out, people are willing to pay if it’s a fair deal. You won’t eliminate piracy but that’s impossible, this is the only way to combat it.

One service, 20 bucks a month, maybe 25, all PPVs included.

Get with the times and get out of the 90s with your shit PPV model.

Me too. I think many would be willing to forgo nefarious means if the price was reasonable and the service was easily accessible and reliable.

Piracy is not the result of people just wanting to steal. It’s a result of having a product people want but inaccessible or at an unreasonable price point. Services like Spotify and HBO figured this out, people are willing to pay if it’s a fair deal. You won’t eliminate piracy but that’s impossible, this is the only way to combat it.
For me it's also something about paying per event and feeling ripped if it's a dud. But if I just lay down a chunk for it all at once I'm willing and it seems different which is stupid.

It also must work. I used to do the mlb package and when it first switched to online, it was horrible, I used to pay more to get it thru cable as it was reliable.

Less ppv's could be cool, just to make them feel more special

For me it's also something about paying per event and feeling ripped if it's a dud. But if I just lay down a chunk for it all at once I'm willing and it seems different which is stupid.

It also must work. I used to do the mlb package and when it first switched to online, it was horrible, I used to pay more to get it thru cable as it was reliable.
That makes sense. Laying down $80 for one night of content that may or may not be good vs. laying down $275 for we’ll say 40 events of which some are bound to be good. It doesn’t hurt as bad if some are duds, you’re still getting much more bang for your buck.

I am fine with the way it is now

The best solution is total elimination of PPVs. Totally dated model and anti-consumer. Monthly reasonably priced subscription fees for all events is the way.
they should just have every event be “free” but you pay to unlock specific fights on an ad hoc basis. it’ll be kinda like the in-app purchases business model for mobile phones where the app is free to download but it only works if you unlock every feature individually. $10 per fight! if you wanna skip all the filler fights, you end up paying only $10-20 per card. what a deal! and if you wanna watch the whole card for some reason, ufc could set it up where it auto-renews indefinitely after you buy the first fight, until you cancel your card. that’s how they should do it. everyone would love it.

Back