What exotic animals have you eaten?

In NZ when i was in my teenage years the cheapest fried fish[fesh] to have with one's chips[cheps] was shark, all the chippies had it.

I didn't like these but my Great Dane did, and he always got a couple when we walked to the shop. I'm certain he considered them very exotic compared to bones and the neighbour's cats.
chocolate_fish_2.jpg

Elk, shark, frog, swordfish, eel, deer, sea urchin, alligator

The shark tasted like spongy, tough pork and smelled like piss (probably because sharks pee through their skin)
WTF kind of shark did you eat? I've had almost every kind sold in the USA and none were the least bit spongy.

Read through half the posts here, not sure why why some of the food listed are even considered Exotic.

I'm Asian. Enough said. Winning thread.

Bear, alligator, snake.. All at the same dinner.

Damn! Thought I was gonna be the first person to say turtle.

Other than that, the ones that I would have once considered exotic would be
Crocodile
Snake
Shark
Stingray
Ostrich
Edit: Frogs and octopus since some of u consider it weird

Although some are normal to me now.

I have also eaten some exotic part of the animal like eyes and brains.

Lol at people saying oysters
I'm laughing at eveyone listing shark and alligator and other non endangered every day animals. Plus most you frog eating guys are assholes eating a harmless little animal when you could just be normal and eat chicken instead.

I’ve had alligator, camel, lion, elk, moose, bear, badger, rattlesnake, and a few others. Bear is a seriously underrated meat and makes great chili. On the top of my list are whale and shark fin but I think I’ll have to go to Japan for those.

Bison, Buffalo, Ostrich, and Alligator. Bison tastes fantastic. Ostrich tastes like lean beef.

I'm laughing at eveyone listing shark and alligator and other non endangered every day animals. Plus most you frog eating guys are assholes eating a harmless little animal when you could just be normal and eat chicken instead.

notsureifserious-jpg.27424758

Bear, beluga, bowhead whale, crocodiles, baby fetuses.

Lol at moose being “exotic” I eat that shit daily, I still have like 300lbs of the one I shot this year in my freezer.

I'm quite fond of pickled sheep's bellend

Alligator is really good. I don't see why you wouldn't want to eat it given the opportunity. This restaurant in my city makes fried gator tail bites with a nice sweet and sour sauce. Amazingly delicious food. Not really exotic by any means though.

Most exotic things I've to eat were all military situations and they weren't exotic, just shitty.

Alligator is really good. I don't see why you wouldn't want to eat it given the opportunity. This restaurant in my city makes fried gator tail bites with a nice sweet and sour sauce. Amazingly delicious food. Not really exotic by any means though.

Most exotic things I've to eat were all military situations and they weren't exotic, just shitty.
no I've ate it alot that's the point how is it exotic if I can get it all over the place.

Ive eaten heaps of shark and none of it was how you described
WTF kind of shark did you eat? I've had almost every kind sold in the USA and none were the least bit spongy.

It was from the local deli, had it 2 or 3 different times. Cooked it on a Foreman Grill. It wasn't spongey except when compared to pork (spongier than).

Given what you guys are telling me, it probably WAS just an old cleaning sponge that the guys behind the counter peed on, made a few dollars off me. Classic Albertson's Deli...

Back