What exotic animals have you eaten?

Camel, gator, dog, monkey, live octopus, ostrich, kangaroo, bear, squirrel, armadillo, bat, stingray, rattlesnake, scorpion, goose barnacles, ants, crickets, whelk, shark fin, penguin, frog, snail, silkworm, larvae, elk, moose, geoduck, horse, eel, and beaver (heh)

Countries/States: Morocco, Florida, South Korea, India, South Korea, Washington DC, Australia, Canada, Louisiana, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC, Arizona, Spain, Washington DC, Thailand, South Korea, California, Alaska, Virginia, France, China, Thailand, Canada, Canada, Washington, France, Japan, Canada

Damn - first two posts killed it. I can't ever see myself being able to eat something like a dog or a monkey.

Strangest animal(s) for me? Bear, moose and seal (raw). I used to travel throughout northern Canada for work, and got to sample some local delicacies. Moose was the only one that was semi enjoyable - it kind of reminded me of a gamier version of Bison. Bear meat tasted "sour" for a lack of a better term, and had a really strange texture that was difficult to chew. Eating seal was largely involuntary, as I didn't want to offend a local family I was staying with - it was fresh and raw, and all I could taste was blood. It took every ounce of restraint not to spit it out. I think something like that you have to grow up eating to really enjoy it.

Doughbelly laughs at this thread. Ha ha ha!

Fox, iguana.
Hope to see this one day:
bFplaSA.gif

bald eagle

Tastes like freedom.

Alligator, frog, rabbit, buffalo, deer, quail, squab, snail, duck. Nothing too exotic, I guess. Willing to try a lot more...

Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

images

images

But if you are turned off by me eating Cthulhu, The Kraken and Bigfoot wait until you see the scary crap @Clippy eats daily.

Emu, alligator, and kargaroo all in one sitting in Brisbain, Australia. I don't remember the taste.

I’ve had alligator, camel, lion, elk, moose, bear, badger, rattlesnake, and a few others. Bear is a seriously underrated meat and makes great chili. On the top of my list are whale and shark fin but I think I’ll have to go to Japan for those.
I've had whale before in Norway

Bat and pangolin

I've also eaten many other stuff mentioned in this thread but I don't consider those exotic.

Turtle was probably the weirdest. I’m a hunter, so some things that may be exotic are pretty common for me. Squirrel, rabbit, pronghorn, moose, elk, ptarmigan, duck, turkey, upland bird, alligator, sand hill crane, I tried a piece of mountain lion meat one time, etc.

Most exotic stuff tastes like shit. If humans evolved to eat bat, then bat would taste great. Buutttt....

Not exotic at all but gator and shark were the most uncommon foods (compared to my normal diet) I've eaten.

Gator was damn good.

Shark was too salty. Wouldn't really eat it again after learning how high the mercury levels are.

why's everyone listing normal game animals? Just becaus ppl are too goddamn lazy or too big of ladymen doesn't make shit like shark, swordfish, elk, deer, wild pig, rabbit or alligator exotic.

I had the same initial reaction, but I suppose it depends on where you're posting from. If we have any small-time African poachers in the berry, they may have dik-dik every Thursday but think white-tailed deer is very exotic.

Back