What is the one thing that became more clear to you as you got older?

This lame ass song, I thought, when I was younger. I think it was some guys named Future. "Ain't No Way Around IT". The lyrics are so true lol A hoe gonna be a hoe. Jim Rohn said it in his seminars: "somebody said, liars shouldn't lie. Of course the should, that's why we call them liars!". Cheaters gonna cheat. Winners gonna win. It's what they do. You can't fight nature. People gonna people. Sherdog gonna Sherdog, it's all you need to know. Ain't no way around it.

As a kid, I didn't want to waste time sleeping and eating outside of junk food.

Now, all I wanna do is eat and sleep.

When two people meet for the first time, there are really 3 people present in the room:

Each as they see themselves, each as they see each other, and each as they truly are.

Never game much thought to that, until the last couple of years. Mostly because I never gave 2 shits about what other people thought about me (and still don't for the most part). It's just human nature to be self absorbed and to not really think about how we're seen through the eyes of others.

Not 6?

A person's perception is their reality.

No one is quite like me and everyone is like me in that regard.

Sometimes you gotta take a step back and look down the road. Sometimes you gotta just go for it and figure it out as it happens.

I really like mint and chip ice cream.

I had to rread this twice. We call it mint-chip. The and threw me off.

For me its we're all perverts so just lean into the dirty kinky sex

That picking the right partner in life is the most important decision one will ever make.

I’ve found Free Agency to be my key... Mr. Right is cost effective with less hassle.

How much more I value family. In my teens, early twenties it didn't matter too much to me, but now it does. Also, learning to pick my battles.

Life likely will not go the way you want it to, adapt to change.

Be a good person. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what that entails.

Take opportunities and run with them. Wisdom comes from knowing what opportunities are right for you in the moment. A job may make a lot more money, but is it right for you?

Mind your own business. You don't need worry about the decisions or lives of other people. Take mental note of things, and move on. On the same idea, you don't have to be friends with everyone. If someone doesn't like you, fuck them. If a lot of people don't like you, you're the common denominator and probably an asshole, adjust.

As I've gotten older it's become clear who my true friends are. I've realized that some people use others and won't think of you unless they need you for something.

It sucks and it hurts but it's better to realize that than to delude yourself into believing they're a true friend worthy of your time.

You can get in big fights with people and they still come around. People get over big dust ups. I was afraid when I was younger that if I got mad at a friend or family or whatever I could lose the friendship. Turns out those associations are pretty durable; and if you treat your best people like they're worth your respect and time, they will still with you forever, even after a fight.
Sometimes it amazes me the stuff we've said to each other and just gotten over.

Don't waste your time with shit that doesn't make you happy or brings you down. And that goes for anything. Family, friends, relationships. I wasted so much time and energy on people who didn't put as much effort in. So now I focus on myself and only make time for people who actually respect and appreciate me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back