What is your GOAT list now?

GOATs are based on legacy not on (perceived) skill level. In that regard he's kinda like Cain. Cain might've been the best and most dominant HW ever but he's not in the top 5 HW goats.

Khabib literally has only FOUR top 5 wins. How does that even get him anywhere near a GOAT list? A list consisting of fighters who all have more than ten top 5 wins?
I disagree, in my eyes, GOATs (or at least, the best fighters of all time) are based on skill.

I disagree, in my eyes, GOATs (or at least, the best fighters of all time) are based on skill.

That's not how these things work. If we apply your standards to other sports Babe Ruth isn't a top 1000 baseball player, Bjorn Borg isn't a top 1000 tennis player and Pele isn't a top 1000 football player.

I guess we'd get lost somewhere between the differences between greatest and best of all time. But seriously if you only look at pure skill than the best is ALWAYS somebody in recent times just because sports keep evolving.

How is fedor on y’all lists when he never fought in the ufc?

That's not how these things work. If we apply your standards to other sports Babe Ruth isn't a top 1000 baseball player, Bjorn Borg isn't a top 1000 tennis player and Pele isn't a top 1000 football player.

I guess we'd get lost somewhere between the differences between greatest and best of all time. But seriously if you only look at pure skill than the best is ALWAYS somebody in recent times just because sports keep evolving.
Agree to disagree.

How is fedor on y’all lists when he never fought in the ufc?

He fought in the two deepest HW divisions during his time.

What kind of noob are you if you think UFC had a better HW division than Pride and Strikeforce had.

Jones/GSP/Anderson/Fedor are still my Mt Rushmore, that I cant really rank. Khabib was so tantalisingly close to being on that level but retired a few fights too soon for me.

Khabib, Silva and GSP are GOATs. GOAT status shouldn't be based on just amount of title defenses, dominance and level of opponents is more important imo.

After the retirement of a GOAT candidate how does your list look?

For me. I only rank by resume. So I have

1. Jones (if you want to DQ for steroids I understand, i just kinda assume they all are. But Jones's resume is absurd)
2. GSP
3a. Fedor
3b. Khabib
5. Anderson

Khabib-Fedor is crazy close imo

Because you kinda get into a Peak wins (Fedor-Cro Cop, Nog, etc. vs Khabib-Conor, Justin, Dustin etc.) and also wins over time which Khabib didn't lose, while Fedor had a tough last quarter of his career post prime.

How do you guys have it?
Anderson so low... delusional.

Jones
Andy
GSP
Khabib
Fedor

9o4RhV.gif

Khamzat
Khamzat
Khamzat
Khamzat
Khamzat

GSP
Mouse
Silva
Jones
Miocic

People who missed the cut but could make the list pending.
Khabib-great number of wins but titles wins and defenses are against FW or mid card fighters. Need bigger wins or champ-champ status.
Izzy-has good names and good streak but getting a few more wins goat is almost assured.
Conor-could have been on the list if he had defended his belt's even one time but didn't. If he comes back, wins a title against a big name and defends that belt a few times than yes.
Tripple C. Same for Conor and Khabib, just not a good enough title rain. Needs more big title fights and wins.

Khabib's first 20 wins are not that impressive though

Nunes > Jones
Royce > Jones
Artem > Jones
Tito > Jones

Back