Social What is your stance on abortion?

What is your stance on abortion??

• Total voters
That is ~0% of abortions.
So about the same percentage that late term abortions are then?

The sensible position seems to be what most west European (non- Catholic) states have; legal and safe abortion for any reason when the fetus is not at a viable independent state. (Yes that exact point in time is of course open to debate but its around 18-22 weeks which is roughly the law).

After that there should be good reason eg threat to the mother or chances of being born with severe disability etc.

And all this "sex is for procreation" crap is just the usual moral authoritarians trying to impose their own puritan bullshit on the rest of us. Religion is your own business and should have nothing to do with the state or our laws.

What about seriously handicapped people? Can't walk or grab things, are in constant pain, can't do anything themselves and they're at the complete mercy of a society that belittles and abuses them.
Sorry, I rushed to post without thinking. I agree with you with that and if the mother’s life is in danger.

i hate that these sick feminists and leftists celebrate murdering unborn children and that this sick society applauds them as brave

I can't decide what is right or wrong when it comes to abortion. I'd rather let the mother make that decision herself.

Abortions is barbaric and it tells you everything about the woman’s character. It should only be used if she has been raped.

Either think twice before having unprotected sex or keep your pants up until you’re committed to having a child.
Keep popping out babies. Nothing can go wrong with this approach.

Sex's primary purpose is to create life. Hence, I think that anyone who engages in sex should keep its primary purpose in mind and accept the consequence of engaging in it if their pregnancy-preventative measures fail to work (e.g. condoms, birth control, emergency contraception, etc).

Hence, if a woman becomes pregnant, I think that she is immoral if she aborts her pregnancy - unless the fetus is diagnosed with a severe congenital defect during the pregnancy or the pregnancy is determined to be a threat to her life.

Abortion for the sake of preventing what would be an inconvenience to the mother's or father's life is wrong, in my opinion; to dismiss human life as an inconvenience is despicable.

What do you think?

Can you incluse a 4th option that allows for rape in addition to health issues of the fetus or woman?

I don't like it but if you want to do it do it early please.

A heartbeats not considered a life on earth ( for the mother . As in the fetus can still be aborted ) yet if we find bacteria on Mars its considered life ..

As one said earlier it is odd that at the exact same stage of development one person would be considered a murderer. A Dr and mother aren't.

Also I can't do a lot of things with my body legally ( mainly adding select substances ) or choose when to end my life. So that entire " my body my choice" has always missed with me. It's strange that you cannot legally kill yourself, yet can kill a unborn child.. strange to me anyway.

Anyhow I didn't vote, I'm neither for nor against. I do find it strange tho

First term abortion is ok in my books. Anything past the first term should only be in extreme cases where the mother's life is at risk or the baby is deemed to live a life of pain and suffering.

It’s pretty fucking bad.

I don’t really care because the world is filled with evil and I can’t focus on that...

but I don’t care how you slice it, snipping baby spines isn’t cool

Sex's primary purpose is to create life. Hence, I think that anyone who engages in sex should keep its primary purpose in mind and accept the consequence of engaging in it if their pregnancy-preventative measures fail to work (e.g. condoms, birth control, emergency contraception, etc).

Hence, if a woman becomes pregnant, I think that she is immoral if she aborts her pregnancy - unless the fetus is diagnosed with a severe congenital defect during the pregnancy or the pregnancy is determined to be a threat to her life.

Abortion for the sake of preventing what would be an inconvenience to the mother's or father's life is wrong, in my opinion; to dismiss human life as an inconvenience is despicable.

What do you think?

"Sex's primary purpose is to create life."

Is it though?

If that statement is true, then we would have a lot more kids.

What if the purpose of sex if for two people to form a physical and emotional bond?

There are primates and even cetaceans that have sex for enjoyment, rather than procreation.

I think women should be able to get 1 abortion no questions asked. After that only with a doctors prescription. Also govt. subsidized contraception

why? doesn't make any sense. It is living and it is human

IMO first-term abortions are morally questionable, and shouldn’t be considered birth control. That said, while it is “human”, it does not have a nervous system(ie cannot feel pain) and is unaware of its own existence. To me, those are among defining characteristics, pertaining to where the line should be drawn.

Medical risk to mother at any time or rape in the 1st trimester.

Its murder. period. No matter how many mental gymnastics you want to use to justify it., its murder.

I chose B.

Imo the poll needs a fouth option

Ill try to explain: Im not pro abortion but i do believe it should be legal. However there should be something in between the in any case option and only for serious cases option. Multiple things can happen during a pregnancy that are of social circumstances. The father can die, mother can have mental breaks, homes can be lost and income might fall away. No point having a baby you cant care for.

Not sure how to phrase it but as the poll is now i wouldnt vote for any of the options as they are all a bit extremist.

Back