Social What is your stance on abortion?

What is your stance on abortion??

• Total voters

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sex's primary purpose is to create life. Hence, I think that anyone who engages in sex should keep its primary purpose in mind and accept the consequence of engaging in it if their pregnancy-preventative measures fail to work (e.g. condoms, birth control, emergency contraception, etc).

Hence, if a woman becomes pregnant, I think that she is immoral if she aborts her pregnancy - unless the fetus is diagnosed with a severe congenital defect during the pregnancy or the pregnancy is determined to be a threat to her life.

Abortion for the sake of preventing what would be an inconvenience to the mother's or father's life is wrong, in my opinion; to dismiss human life as an inconvenience is despicable.

What do you think?

Body autonomy over anything else, legally speaking. No person should ever be legally obligated to share their body parts with another person, under any circumstamce.

That said, morally abortion is bad and should really only be done in serious circumstances, like the ones listed in the poll.

I support a women’s right to choose. Ideally they would be performed as early as possible after conception. I am personally not in favor of late term abortions unless a mother’s life is at risk.

I'm okay with it but would prefer they added voluntary sterilization.
Offer people $300 or something, and watch the most likely people to get a future abortion get sterilized.

I am one hundred percent in favor of it and against it at the same time.

Women should absolutely be able to do it, and should only do it when absolutely necessary.

I'm okay with it but would prefer they added voluntary sterilization.
Offer people $300 or something, and watch the most likely people to get a future abortion get sterilized.

Watch 100% of abortions move from clinics to hotels.

I have 0 problems with first term abortions and day after pills and stuff like that. At some point it is a human and I would consider it murder but its fuzzy to me when the cutoff time should be.
I also think that whole "sex is for making babies" thing is a religious fantasy. People have sex because they like it and they arent going to stop. There is no shortage of people in the world so what's the point of forcing people to have kids they dont want to take care of? It's a burden to society.
Also anyone that gets food stamps or welfare should get a box of rubbers with it. If you cant feed yourself take some time to figure that out before you have a dependent.

Wait, you said sterilization is voluntary, my bad. If it's not a requirement, it isn't going to happen, and if it is, people are going to get their abortions elsewhere.

Wait, you said sterilization is voluntary, my bad. If it's not a requirement, it isn't going to happen, and if it is, people are going to get their abortions elsewhere.
Keep the abortions, add sterilization for money. The type of population you'd least want to reproduce will take the deal and you'll have less abortions.

Wrap it or fap it never bareback it

Should be alright for medical reasons, not just used to get rid of a problem because she was too stupid and irresponsible to use protection. This is one of the few social issues that Democrats fail miserably on when it comes to "morals". It's disgusting. But that's just personal opinion. Fact is, is it's legal and the woman can do what she wants when it comes to abortion.

Keep the abortions, add sterilization for money. The type of population you'd least want to reproduce will take the deal and you'll have less abortions.

OK, I'm totally ignorant on this subject.

First of all, are you talking about a hysterectomy?

That's the second most common procedure in America, much to my surprise.

Also, it costs four to eight thousand dollars.

Finally, apparently few doctors would perform one on someone younger than 35 years of age.

Technically, any woman of legal age can consent to the procedure, but it should be medically justified. It’s incredibly unlikely that a doctor will perform a hysterectomy on women ages 18-35 unless it is absolutely necessary for their well-being and no other options will suffice. This is because of possible physical and emotional risks. Complications during surgery can include infection, hemorrhaging, or bladder or bowel damage, but the risks of these are rather low. Long-term, it can increase the risk of stroke, bone loss, heart attacks, urinary issues, and early onset menopause in younger women. Possible complications that can impact a woman’s sex life includes vaginal dryness and a lack of interest in sex. It also prevents the possibility of a biological pregnancy, which can cause depression and psychological stress in some women.

We have laws that if you kill an unborn baby you can be charged with murder.

How is it murder if it's just a fetus and not a human?

Whatever your view on abortion, as a society we are hypocrites. It's a baby when the mother plans to deliver it but something else when she doesn't.

Last edited:
Back