What issues have you changed your mind on due to the War Room?

Most people that engage in discussions here do not come here believing they would change their opinion on an issue. And most people also won't - if anything, engaging in discussion here forces you to sharpen your stance or to refine your argumentation.

But I am gonna ask anyway: Did you change your mind on a political issue thanks to engaging in or witnessing a discussion on here?

For me, the most pronounced change is my stance on abortion. I was clearly pro-choice, but I guess this was more due to disposition (I am pretty liberal on most issues) than due to actually having looked into all aspects of the topic. Now I still would technically b3 considered pro-choice, but only with a lot of restrictions and also because I believe the negative consequences of a ban (like illegal back-alley abortions, more unwanted kids, etc.) would be bad.

Now I don't want this to turn into an abortion discussion. I mean it probably will, but I'l try:

What issues, if any, have you changed or adjusted your opinion on due to the War Room?

Not a full change, but I think there should be some sort of recognition of same sex couples. I've also moderated my views on some drug laws and become more pro 2nd amendment.

I'm not sure what I would label myself now-a-days but I can say that my views have changed pretty dramatically since 2008.

Which way do you think you'll evolve next? Maybe get better at IDing bullshit from hucksters like Ratigan or Trump and generally scapegoaters?

I never fell for a huckster Jack, I made a decision based on the available information, and when that information changed, and Adelson gave Trump 100 million, I responded appropriately.

You have wet dreams about knowing half as much as Dylan Ratigan has forgotten.

I never fell for a huckster Jack, I made a decision based on the available information, and when that information changed, and Adelson gave Trump 100 million, I responded appropriately.

I'm sure he's forgotten a lot, but no.

Don't forget that Republicans freed the slaves and Democrats started the KKK.

To the point, I think I've learned a lot about how lazy labeling and language can affect our discourse. There are some words around her that simply have no meaning or teeth.

You mean like what Jack Vs Savage does in every fucking post?

Hard to be swayed by the War room if all you read are tge words Cuckold,cuck,SJW,Bigot,Racist,russtle.

Guns is a good one. Used to be anti-gun, but reading oldshadow's and cubo's posts changed my mind.

You read my posts?

th

I've learned to appreciate the opinions of others more and try to value where they're coming from. Thanks homies.

This board has enlightened me to UBI and considering it a good idea for the future. Probably would have rejected the proposal immediately otherwise.

I used to have considerably more respect for conservatives before posting here.

Just to clarify since I've been slightly less active in the war room since game of thrones started, but are you off the trump train now?

I've learned there are quite a few smart people who've found themselves here.

Can't think of any one thing I've changed opinions on but I'm sure there's something. I've certainly spent more time studying certain topics.

The illegitimacy of government as a moral institution in either its means or ends.

Last edited:
Just to clarify since I've been slightly less active in the war room since game of thrones started, but are you off the trump train now?

Yep, can't back the Adelson thing. If you pull up the thread that announced Adelson's support, you can see a fairly in depth explanation for why it was a game changer for me.

First look at possible hijack suspect
latest

Don't they know to check the shoes?

Sound money instead of fiat covers the last part much more effectively than UBI.

I don't know about that. It seems the end goal of humanity should be to produce whatever it wants without any work. Reconcile that, technology, and earning your keep. Maybe at some point four years of government service gets you an inflation-adjusted pension for life. The changes ahead and our responses are beyond my prognostication and comprehension.

I don't know about that. It seems the end goal of humanity should be to produce whatever it wants without any work. Reconcile that, technology, and earning your keep. Maybe at some point four years of government service gets you an inflation-adjusted pension for life. The changes ahead and our responses are beyond my prognostication and comprehension.

I agree, and that end is inevitable. All the more reason to have a medium of exchange that appreciates in value over time instead of depreciating.

I agree, and that end is inevitable. All the more reason to have a medium of exchange that appreciates in value over time instead of depreciating.

When everything is available without cost there's no need for exchange. When everything is available without cost there is no need to preserve the need for preservation.

When everything is available without cost there's no need for exchange. When everything is available without cost there is no need to preserve the need for preservation.

We'll largely eliminate scarcity, but we won't eliminate scarcity all together. Even if we do, a UBI or any income or wealth for that matter isn't necessary anyway. We'd be in a utopia.

Back