What KIND of fighter do you think will be the next UFC mega-star????

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The last few years have seen shit-talkers hog the limelight, treading the same waters that Chael and Conor paved. Guys like Suga, and Izzy are the big stars at the moment, but the act is slowly tiring.
With more of these types using this strategy, it's a law of diminishing returns.

So what kind of fighter do you envision having the next big UFC career?

My guess is the fans (Mainstream fans anyways), will be captivated by an 80's-esque Tyson/early 00's Fedor. A quiet killer who is a destroyer who barely uses a ground game, doesn't really do interviews, or say's very little. Someone with mystique, as opposed to social media celebration.

The last few years have seen shit-talkers hog the limelight, treading the same waters that Chael and Conor paved. Guys like Suga, and Izzy are the big stars at the moment, but the act is slowly tiring.
With more of these types using this strategy, it's a law of diminishing returns.

My guess is the fans (Mainstream fans anyways), will be captivated by an 80's-esque Tyson/early 00's Fedor. A quiet killer who is a destroyer who barely uses a ground game, doesn't really do interviews, or say's very little. Someone with mystique, as opposed to social media celebration.
A Bud Light drinking genderqueer fighter that holds the men's and women's BW title at the same time

Someone very well rounded, with good power and chin, physically attractive and great personality. Perhaps they have a charming accent as well.

Lol tyson was quiet now? I'm going to eat his kids? Dude said outrageous shit...

It will likely be some super violent finisher or someone with a gigantic personality who can back it up when push comes to shove.

Hey man, MMA is a sport.

If you want Drama, watch CNN

Even Fight Games it's all about story, 2 Guys fighting without a backstory it's boring we need to know why they fight.

As Floyd Mayweather proved, you don’t need to have an exciting fighting style to become a star, of course it probably helps but the more important factor seems to be personality, doesn’t have to be anything specific but someone who people will care enough to either root for or against.

Izzy definitely fits into this, so do Sean O’Malley and Khamzat, who I think will be the future stars.

Tbh bo nickal could really have a huge rise. So my prediction is a bulky wrestler with dynamic power.

otherwise it’s hard to say. Aside from Bo, I don’t see too many big American stars ahead

Probably a one eyed ginger Dagestani who kicks people a lot and head stomps people for kissing their girlfriends in public or something.

That would definitely make things interesting.
It would force the UFC to do work, make moves, take chances. The fans would benefit, and I happen care about us most in this traveling circus of violence. Competition is good for everyone. Hoping Doumbe gains some traction outside of Europe, his last fight was legendary.

A Ronda type whom (when winning) would always finish their opponents.

Back