What KIND of fighter do you think will be the next UFC mega-star????

I’m going to predict that it’s going to be a heavyweight because hw is pretty thin at the moment and they would desperately love to have a hw star . I think the general public has had their fill of trash talking pricks for the time being so it’s probably going to be a babyface hero type , and I’m waiting for a heavyweight that can both wrestle and grapple at a really high level to show up one day and dominate for a while . Heavyweight fighters thats plan is to strike will also suffer knockout losses themselves

The last few years have seen shit-talkers hog the limelight, treading the same waters that Chael and Conor paved. Guys like Suga, and Izzy are the big stars at the moment, but the act is slowly tiring.
With more of these types using this strategy, it's a law of diminishing returns.

So what kind of fighter do you envision having the next big UFC career?

My guess is the fans (Mainstream fans anyways), will be captivated by an 80's-esque Tyson/early 00's Fedor. A quiet killer who is a destroyer who barely uses a ground game, doesn't really do interviews, or say's very little. Someone with mystique, as opposed to social media celebration.
Sean Strickland /thread.

doesn't really do interviews, or say's very little. Someone with mystique, as opposed to social media celebration.
I'd love to see this. But even on Sherdog, people are all about drama and personality. I repeatedly read posters dismissing this or that contender or prospect as having a boring personality, as not being exciting enough outside the cage. Conor seems to have transformed the expectations not only of promoters, but of the fans themselves.

White, young, skinny, high volume striker and undefeated
If he had some podcast smoking weed and some tattos in his face the success is guaranteed.

Guy who speaks Spanish and Georgian and throws hand sanitiser at annoying fighters.
edit: or gets it thrown it at him? can't remember

It would force the UFC to do work, make moves, take chances. The fans would benefit, and I happen care about us most in this traveling circus of violence. Competition is good for everyone. Hoping Doumbe gains some traction outside of Europe, his last fight was legendary.
But how could someone become a star without anyone seeing them fight?

I think the era of the mega-stars is over and there won't be any.

I hope the next star in MMA isn't in the UFC.
8e51b-16688497429651-1920.jpg

A big dominant 250 lbs+ HW specimen with an esthetic jacked physique (people love that) who can talk well. Someone like Ngannou or Brock but with a nice streak of title defenses to boot. If he had a pretty face like AJ that would be a plus.
Aspinall and Pavlovich come close but they're a little lacking in the estheticness and charisma. We might have to wait a decade

Funny you mention 80s-esque Tyson, I went down a rabbit hole of watching his initial streak this weekend. I honestly don't know that we'll ever see someone like him again, dude averaged MORE than a fight a month for a long time and he was just knocking everyone dead in crazy short time.

Idk that we really see another big time superstar, UFC seems content to not make more of those because they fuck up the power dynamic.

A big dominant 250 lbs+ HW specimen with an esthetic jacked physique (people love that) who can talk well. Someone like Ngannou or Brock but with a nice streak of title defenses to boot. If he had a pretty face like AJ that would be a plus.
Sorry sherbro I'm 42 now and although I prob could destroy at least 3/4th of em, not really planning to try <Moves>

Back