what should I do in Norway?

Tromsø is very cold this time of year. Are you sure you are prepared for this shit?

Yessir! Forecast is 20’s (Fahrenheit). I only have a few days before I’m ferried out to a large ship. This will likely be on a tugboat of some sort, so I’m anticipating cold on that ride. I’m looking forward to seeing Norway from the water. Any suggestions for Tromsø?

Also. Come to Fauske and do some sparring and drilling with us.

Thai/kickboxing sparring on Tuesday, Dirty boxing and striking with takedowns on Thursday
Brother that would be an honor. Not sure how far that is from Tromso, but I’d be open to it if I had time. I’d take some licks just to get a pic with Frode and post it here for the sherbros. Respect.

Also. Come to Fauske and do some sparring and drilling with us.

Thai/kickboxing sparring on Tuesday, Dirty boxing and striking with takedowns on Thursday
Come for the Norwegian women, stay for the dirty boxing!

Yessir! Forecast is 20’s (Fahrenheit). I only have a few days before I’m ferried out to a large ship. This will likely be on a tugboat of some sort, so I’m anticipating cold on that ride. I’m looking forward to seeing Norway from the water. Any suggestions for Tromsø?

Not sure my friend. Tromsø aint that far from here. But i only been there like three times in my life. And the last time was 10-15 years ago.

Its not because Tromsø sucks. Not at all. The city got a great reputation as a city to visit.

But as a person who have lived in the cold nothern Norway my whole life, i tend to go south and towards the warmer places, when i gonna travel anywhere.

But its a nice city. Got some very good friends who lives there.

The correlation between latitude and temperature is not that simple. The temperature in Tromsø today was/is/will be between 25F/-4C and 34F/1C. Winnipeg: between 12F/-11C and 30F/-1C, although Winnipeg is about 1380 miles further south. 25F/-4C isn't even really cold either.

Pretty much this. Tromsø lies very far North, but it's a island city between the continent and a huge island. Golf currents keep it not so cold usually. If you drive 2 hours inland and away from the coast it might go from -4 to -24C

Tromsø huh. Better bring some warm clothes.
I believe they have some kind of a place build entirely out of ice.
Hotel or something

Edit: that might be somewhere else, they do have the polar museum though if thats in your interests.

That hotel is crazy beautiful.
I watched a documentary about them making it years ago.

The fuckin glasses that you drink out of are carved out of ice lol.

Come for the Norwegian women, stay for the dirty boxing!

Maybe an exotic Sami local?

33982.jpeg

Alternate pic as the above sometimes doesn't show:

F3FAChKXsAEuHlo.jpg

Or Whale Spotting? Maybe @Pequeño Corey can spot a whale from his ship anyway but maybe not.

Last edited:
If you manage to hit it off with a sami girl it is recommended to eat "margbeins-suppe". The aphrodisiac qualities of reindeer marrow soup should make you do easy 6 hours+ with a sami chick. Exhausting next day. Little known fact, I'm mixed sami btw, just full Nordic look

Maybe an exotic Sami local?

33982.jpeg

Or Whale Spotting? Maybe @Pequeño Corey can spot a whale from his ship anyway but maybe not.
Hoping I get lucky and see some whales on the ride out. If I had more time, whale watching would definitely be on the docket. Right now, I’m thinking I’m gonna try and see some northern lights. Not sure if there’s many Samis in Tromso, but I’ll keep a keen eye out.

If you manage to hit it off with a sami girl it is recommended to eat "margbeins-suppe". The aphrodisiac qualities of reindeer marrow soup should make you do easy 6 hours+ with a sami chick. Exhausting next day. Little known fact, I'm mixed sami btw, just full Nordic look
Mind blown. The things we learn on sherdog.

That hotel is crazy beautiful.
I watched a documentary about them making it years ago.

The fuckin glasses that you drink out of are carved out of ice lol.
Definitely gonna try and check this place out.

Hoping I get lucky and see some whales on the ride out. If I had more time, whale watching would definitely be on the docket. Right now, I’m thinking I’m gonna try and see some northern lights. Not sure if there’s many Samis in Tromso, but I’ll keep a keen eye out.

There are over 1,500.

Back