What the hell happened to Facebook!?!?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I reactivated my old Facebook account after having basically abandoned it for the last 8 years. It was pretty damn surreal seeing what a ghost town it has become. When I left I had about 700 friends on there and my news feed would be flooded with posts from all these friends. I could literally refresh my feed minute by minute and there would be a new and interesting post by someone.

Now it's an absolute graveyard. Going through my friends list I'm seeing people who haven't posted in years. My friend list has also been cut in half which means a shit ton of these people either deactivated or deleted their account.

My news feed is absolutely fuckin dead. My mom and aunts are still posting and some women I went to high school with post pics of their kids and family outings or shit about MLMs they are apart of. But there really isn't much going on besides that.

It honestly felt similar to the last few months of Myspace's death spiral. One day you go on and all you can hear is the echo of your own thoughts. Or like entering a shuttered high school, knowing that the halls were overflowing with people who were full of life but is now empty and silent. I feel so old

Facebook has violated their own terms of service multiple times over the years.

They basically tell customers and the government that they do one thing, but behind closed doors they do whatever they want.

They even have a playbook for when they get caught. Zuckerberg has issues so many public apologies that it's like a script that he's mastered.

Sounds like your friends all got wise and stopped using Facebook altogether.

Last edited:
Facebook has violated their own terms of service multiple times over the years.

They basically tell customers and the government that they do one thing, not behind closed doors they do whatever they want.

They even have a playbook for when they get caught. Zuckerberg has issues so many public apologies that it's like a script that he's mastered.

Sounds like your friends all got wise and stopped using Facebook altogether.
I shared a little gem that Facebook doesn't want you to know about. I'll tell you all as we are buds, and I want to protect you.

Deadline tomorrow !!! Everything you’ve ever posted becomes public from tomorrow. Even messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. It costs nothing for a simple copy and paste, better safe than sorry. Channel 13 News talked about the change in Facebook’s privacy policy. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE. Copy and paste.

af590f17-d893-4364-8b5a-6e15fec7e3bb_text.gif

I reactivated my old Facebook account after having basically abandoned it for the last 8 years. It was pretty damn surreal seeing what a ghost town it has become. When I left I had about 700 friends on there and my news feed would be flooded with posts from all these friends. I could literally refresh my feed minute by minute and there would be a new and interesting post by someone.

Now it's an absolute graveyard. Going through my friends list I'm seeing people who haven't posted in years. My friend list has also been cut in half which means a shit ton of these people either deactivated or deleted their account.

My news feed is absolutely fuckin dead. My mom and aunts are still posting and some women I went to high school with post pics of their kids and family outings or shit about MLMs they are apart of. But there really isn't much going on besides that.

It honestly felt similar to the last few months of Myspace's death spiral. One day you go on and all you can hear is the echo of your own thoughts. Or like entering a shuttered high school, knowing that the halls were overflowing with people who were full of life but is now empty and silent. I feel so old
chat gpt confirms that it's quite a poignant experience to witness the decline of a once-thriving platform like Facebook. The evolution of social media can be swift and unforgiving, with user behaviors and preferences changing rapidly over time.

Your description of the deserted landscape of your old Facebook account echoes sentiments shared by many who have revisited platforms after a significant absence. The shift in dynamics, from a bustling hub of activity to a sparse and quiet space, can indeed evoke a sense of nostalgia and even a feeling of aging.

The rise and fall of social media platforms often follow similar trajectories, with initial excitement and engagement giving way to eventual decline as users move on to newer or more engaging platforms. It's a reminder of the transient nature of online communities and the importance of adapting to changing trends and technologies.

While it may feel disconcerting to witness the decline of a once-vibrant digital space, it also offers an opportunity for reflection on the ways in which technology shapes our social interactions and the ways in which we connect with others. Perhaps it's a prompt to explore new avenues for connection and engagement, both online and offline, as the digital landscape continues to evolve.

Their stock isn’t so dead tho

Back