What the hell happened to Facebook!?!?

Last year my FB got hacked and erased and it was the best thing to happen to me. I now feel so free and liberated, I should have erased it way before.

FB is as much a cancer as it is a decent tool for communicating with people miles away.

I use it mainly for Marketplace to window shop for things I'm not going to buy, or use the IM to talk shit with friends and / or share items for sale with them.

A decline in use for any internet tool is normal. Craigslist, Myspace, etc all died down or off.

It's still great for marketing. I use it to market my kickstarter campaigns and the return on that investment is insane.
yep, people still use it to buy shit, not as much for social interactions.

random parents still posting baby photos and you have to pretend to care <45>

META is doing great and FB & IG are still their main products.

It's still great for marketing. I use it to market my kickstarter campaigns and the return on that investment is insane.
What was your Kickstarter campaign about? I might have a few questions if you don't mind.

META is doing great and FB & IG are still their main products.
Yeah IG is still trendy with the youth in America. FB not so much. I'm too lazy to look up the stats but If i remember correctly FB is pretty much dead for people under 35 in the States.

I still have Facebook but only because I feel I should have some minimal amount of social media but I’m not interested in jumping onto any more platforms. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok whatever else is out there - don’t have them, don’t want them. I’ve had my Facebook account since April 2006, have a sizeable amount of “friends” who are effectively just people I knew in high school, undergrad, grad school and law school. I occasionally post cute pictures of my kids on Facebook but that’s about all I do with it.

I do have LinkedIn but I mostly just use it to randomly collect “connections” most of whom are simply random other lawyers I’ve met here and there over the years provided I got along well with them.

I still have Facebook but only because I feel I should have some minimal amount of social media but I’m not interested in jumping onto any more platforms. Twitter, Instagram, TikTok whatever else is out there - don’t have them, don’t want them. I’ve had my Facebook account since April 2006, have a sizeable amount of “friends” who are effectively just people I knew in high school, undergrad, grad school and law school. I occasionally post cute pictures of my kids on Facebook but that’s about all I do with it.

I do have LinkedIn but I mostly just use it to randomly collect “connections” most of whom are simply random other lawyers I’ve met here and there over the years provided I got along well with them.
I’ve been debating deleting LinkedIn. Do you feel like it adds any real value?

I’ve been debating deleting LinkedIn. Do you feel like it adds any real value?

I have no idea. I mean hypothetically it’s good for “networking” but I’ve never really used it for that. If anything I leave it up so that if I was applying for a job potential employers wouldn’t find it conspicuous for me to not have a LinkedIn account where they could try to verify my resume.

I have no idea. I mean hypothetically it’s good for “networking” but I’ve never really used it for that. If anything I leave it up so that if I was applying for a job potential employers wouldn’t find it conspicuous for me to not have a LinkedIn account where they could try to verify my resume.
Yeah I guess. I find it to be filled with a mix of lunatics, corporate showboating, and self promotion.

Facebook won’t let me log in on my beeper anymore.

I’m done with it

Luckily sherdog is still salt of the earth beeper friendly

facebook is just ads now. I scroll down and none of it is my family or friends its all just random shit.

Back