What the hell happened to Facebook!?!?

I quit face book years ago after being put into Face Book jail so many times and the whole place got toxic especially right around the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic" Era.....just way to many people became Branch Covidiams at the time....I'm much happier without it.

Facebook is for old people, I don't know anyone that uses it that isn't a Senior. Most people moved to Instagram a decade ago. I don't use either(Quit Facebook 12-13 years ago, quit Insta 6-7 years ago), but I do use WhatsApp.

What you're experiencing on Facebook is not even close to the last few months of Myspace death spiral.
The death of Myspace was ruthlessly abrupt when they removed mail functionality. You couldn't access your inbox anymore or send any messages.
Comments on pages were also disabled.
The site had absolutely no functionality. This is how it was. They even removed albums, so you couldn't access your own photos.

Just because you lost a few friends on Facebook doesn't mean the site isn't working.

I quit face book years ago after being put into Face Book jail so many times and the whole place got toxic especially right around the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic" Era.....just way to many people became Branch Covidiams at the time....I'm much happier without it.
I have watched FB divide people, saw that bullshit coming a mile away and never got too entrenched in the first place.

My drummer and long standing guitar player from my last band can not be in a room with eachother because of fighting on Facebook.

"He would never say that to my face!!"

Ok... but you got along fine for ten years seeing eachother face to face at least once a week through much of that time.

Social media is toxic. It literally uses anger based engagement as a primary factor in their algorithm. And currently in an election year it is going to be at its worst.

Stick to sherdog. all the cool kids know this internet karate forum is the place to be!

Went back on after a few years, and yeah, it dieded. I was in the mood to troll politics like the good old days, and it's just a bunch of old ninnies showing off their baking skills.

I have watched FB divide people, saw that bullshit coming a mile away and never got too entrenched in the first place.

My drummer and long standing guitar player from my last band can not be in a room with eachother because of fighting on Facebook.

"He would never say that to my face!!"

Ok... but you got along fine for ten years seeing eachother face to face at least once a week through that time.
Yeah..I watched a lot of life long friends that grew up with each other fall apart. I grew up where you never talked Race, Religion or Politics at the table and Face Book unfortunetly became that table.

Went back on after a few years, and yeah, it dieded. I was in the mood to troll politics like the good old days, and it's just a bunch of old ninnies showing off their baking skills.
Yeah it's so weird,seems like most of the activity I'm seeing on there is coming from women. Almost all the men on my friend list have gone completely inactive.

Yeah it's so weird,seems like most of the activity I'm seeing on there is coming from women. Almost all the men on my friend list have gone completely inactive.
Same. Though I never really got too invested in FB. Like those with 1000s of people. Just seemed a bit much to me. The guys are definitely gone, though we are all in our 40's pretty much, so I think most just outgrew social media, other than went to Instagram or whatever. My friends at least.

Most friends I have in my age group (40s) don't post much if anything at all on FB. My feed is nothing but groups/pages I follow or random ads. Of course there's still some that post often. If you're a little active on FB and like/comment on a friends post it tends to show you their posts more frequently too.

It could just be the case of your friends deleting you due to your inactivity?

Ever since I started it due to a writer friend wanting to play little games with me on it, I always thought that it had potential, but people just didn't use it.

It should have been like on here, friends and family having frequent conversations, but all it was, was vague single posts and pictures of food. I had friends from high school and family on there, but checking frequently made me feel lonely, like nobody gave a shit about me, so I ranted and made dark jokes, until I fell out with my Dad and put it on ice, then reinstalled, but stopped bothering with it when we made up months later.

I'm still on it, but I just check every once in a while. The writer friend is still there but she doesn't write anymore, just posts about her shitty co-workers and my Dad and my Dads wife's son lost about their motorcycle escapades. Everything else is a viral video or an ad, and there are lots of them.

It's shit.

I hardly ever see my guy friends post on there but a lot of women do. I like women, I like to bang them so I still use FB. Mostly just post memes though.

Facebook as it used to be in 2008-2012 is dead. It's for older people. And even them are moving to Instagram.

It has one nice functionality tho and that's groups. It's useful. But outside for that and marketing like said above it's dead land

There seems to have been some major overhaul to the algorithm a few months ago. I don't see any of my friends' posts, just African meme pages, Taylor Swift fanclubs, and ads for workout clothes. My agents all switched to Instagram because it's so much easier to find clients there compared to the bots that overrun Facebook these days.

The people who won't admit they were wrong about Biden,Covid,Wokeism,etc.. would rather disappear like they never existed

They blipped themselves

<Fedor23>

Bigger than Myspace - Dana Zuckerburg

I reactivated my old Facebook account after having basically abandoned it for the last 8 years. It was pretty damn surreal seeing what a ghost town it has become. When I left I had about 700 friends on there and my news feed would be flooded with posts from all these friends. I could literally refresh my feed minute by minute and there would be a new and interesting post by someone.

Now it's an absolute graveyard. Going through my friends list I'm seeing people who haven't posted in years. My friend list has also been cut in half which means a shit ton of these people either deactivated or deleted their account.

My news feed is absolutely fuckin dead. My mom and aunts are still posting and some women I went to high school with post pics of their kids and family outings or shit about MLMs they are apart of. But there really isn't much going on besides that.

It honestly felt similar to the last few months of Myspace's death spiral. One day you go on and all you can hear is the echo of your own thoughts. Or like entering a shuttered high school, knowing that the halls were overflowing with people who were full of life but is now empty and silent. I feel so old
What are MLMs?

What's Facebook? I'm still trying to warm up to this other site called Myspace.

It’s pretty busy where I’m at. Many of your friends probably quit then started a new account that you don’t have. A number probably got tired of being sent to Facebook jail and just quit. There is also the stupid algorithms, so you probably have to start liking some of your friends post for them to even pop up on your feed (I hate this, I like one persons picture who I barely talk too and Facebook thinks I need to have every one of their updates on first on my page)

Back