What were you doing on 9/11?

What were you doing at 9/11?

• Total voters
I was on a field assignment out in the boonies for one of my university courses so we had no idea anything had happened until late in the afternoon when we got back to civilization. We started hearing bits of the events on the radio and we couldn't quite make sense of it, some of us thought that some nuts had flown a small plane into the buildings while others were convinced it was the apocalypse, it wasn't until we saw the endless replays on TV that we really understood what happened.

My teacher knew somebody in the towers apparently and had a breakdown at the news.
I was pretty confused, didn't really realize what had happened until they sent us home early.
Came home both parents had left work, sat in front of the TV watching the collapse on repeat.

Mrs. Derouin's 6th period career connections class, freshman year, when I heard the news. Mrs. Berry's 7th period Algebra I when we watched the towers fall. Never forget that shit. I'm still in contact with some of the people I watched it with to this day.

I'll never forget that shit OR Mrs. Berry. She was 28 at the time and also doubled as the cheerleading coach. Fine as hair on a frog's ass.

Had just finished highschool I was home chillin my ex gf called me early in the morning and told me to put on the news :(

Had just finished highschool I was home chillin my ex gf called me early in the morning and told me to put on the news :(

What do you mean you just finished high school? You finished the high school day in the morning? Or in you just graduated in September?

And never forget Pearl Harbor...
...and Washington at Valley Forge in the winter of 1777- 1778. That was one 'fricking' cold winter for our American boys to fight the British. Some of those boys were barefoot in the snow!
800px-The_March_to_Valley_Forge_William_Trego.png

I also remember coming home and watching it on the TV with my roommates. Watching the towers come down again and again, and also seeing those people jumping was just so depressing.

After a few hours... I just went to bed. I didn't have the energy to do anything else that day.

Woke up for school and told my mom I was sick and couldn't go to school, she just said ok which was very unusual. We went to McDonalds for breakfast which was even more unusual and that's when I heard about the planes hitting the towers, I commented on how crazy the odds must have been for two planes to hit the same building on the same day. Then I learned a hard truth about the world.

I lived near an oil refinery and a nuclear arms storage facility, rumors were we could be targeted. So I spent a lot of the day alone worrying about it. Asking why would anyone do such a thing and feeling unbelievable sense of national pride. That day went in slow motion, just a lot of questions met with confusion.

...and Washington at Valley Forge in the winter of 1777- 1778. That was one 'fricking' cold winter for our American boys to fight the British. Some of those boys were barefoot in the snow!
800px-The_March_to_Valley_Forge_William_Trego.png
<TheWire1>

Woke up for school and told my mom I was sick and couldn't go to school, she just said ok which was very unusual. We went to McDonalds for breakfast which was even more unusual and that's when I heard about the planes hitting the towers, I commented on how crazy the odds must have been for two planes to hit the same building on the same day. Then I learned a hard truth about the world.

I lived near an oil refinery and a nuclear arms storage facility, rumors were we could be targeted. So I spent a lot of the day alone worrying about it. Asking why would anyone do such a thing and feeling unbelievable sense of national pride. That day went in slow motion, just a lot of questions met with confusion.

I thought you were sick? ;)

I had a similar reaction. Heard a plane hit a tower and I was like damn that's crazy. Then heard a second one hit the other tower and I was like wait WTF? Then heard a plane hit the Pentagon (which I do NOT believe now btw) and I was bewildered like what the fuck is going on here? It wasn't until that point that I made it to a TV. I don't think I'd even heard the word terrorism up until that point. Even if I had, I distinctly remembering not knowing what it meant.

Living in El Paso TX then and working from home. Woke up and tuned into CNBC just in time to watch the second plane hit. Disbelief.

Eventually realized the markets would be closed, so i walked next door to get a haircut. Fantastic Sam opens at 8, but still closed at 9. This is serious shit.

Caught the 10 minute bus to the border and got drunk in Juarez. I remember all the Mexicans being very sympathetic about the disaster and some of the lovely ladies taking liberties with a young, handsome steve38.

Life changed for all of us on that day.

I was in the Excalibur hotel in Las Vegas on a family vacation. I woke up that morning and saw on the news that the towers were on fire. My family and I were planning on driving to Disneyland that day. When we eventually got there that afternoon, the theme parks were closed, but all the arcades were open and free in the ESPN zone. The next day, the parks opened. Almost no one was there... We could basically walk off the rides and then get right back on. It was kind of surreal.

Back