what will become of BJJ in 10 years?

Don't know about Korea but in Japan private karate gyms are all over the place.

My point exactly, there are private Judo Doris in Korea and in Japan, the two nations with the deepest judo history. Why would Bjj gyms not exist in 10 years?

So a lazy/fake instructor will attract similar students and won't retain hard working individuals.

Hard working instructor will attract similar students. Steel sharpens steel.

And you will be under the same umbrella. The BJJ process is supposed to weed out fakes and people who don't want to do a minimum amount of work. Not sure why you're so comfortable watching the standards drop.

in 10 years what do you think Sport Jiu Jitsu and Jiu jitsu in mma will look like?
will it be changed for the better or worse?

Sport BJJ will get more and more sophisticated with grips and attacks from zillions of different positions.

BJJ in MMA will probably stagnate because no fighter wants to be on their back and automatically lose 10-9.
On the plus side, there will be more champion wrestlers who will use BJJ after takedowns, to pass guard and look for submissions. Think of a Phil Davis type, evolved 10 years from now.

And you will be under the same umbrella. The BJJ process is supposed to weed out fakes and people who don't want to do a minimum amount of work. Not sure why you're so comfortable watching the standards drop.

Maybe because I have seen it already happening.

I am just being realistic.

I cant do squats about others.

Ok, maybe name and shame under a fake account.

But at the end, what matters is becoming a black belt version of yourself and stop comparing yourself to others.

I think places like sherdog discredit and expose bad gyms. This is a pretty populaar forum

Maybe because I have seen it already happening.

I am just being realistic.

I cant do squats about others.

Ok, maybe name and shame under a fake account.

But at the end, what matters is becoming a black belt version of yourself and stop comparing yourself to others.

You realize your attitude is the cause of most of the doom and gloom in this thread right?

That's okay buddy. Just sit back and take it.:p

You realize your attitude is the cause of most of the doom and gloom in this thread right?

That's okay buddy. Just sit back and take it.:p

You should know that strange feeling.

You got tired of BS in TMA.

You got into BJJ because it had that good legit vibe.

You just keep travelling the long dark tunnel looking for the light at the end.

And once you almost about to get finally at the end of the tunnel, you just realise that it is very similar to what you experienced in TMA.

just watch the unforgiven video clip of Metallica to add further pessimism to the above description.

when u go to pan ams u get to see who the real teams and athletes are

when u go to pan ams u get to see who the real teams and athletes are

It is a good concept.

But I would say most people that I train with don't even know or care to know who is Atos, Alliance. who won what last year? etc..

In fact, Roger Gracie could turn up on the mats and only 4 guys would know who he was.

The rest of the guys would just turn around and ask him who he is.

It is a good concept.

But I would say most people that I train with don't even know or care to know who is Atos, Alliance. who won what last year? etc..

In fact, Roger Gracie could turn up on the mats and only 4 guys would know who he was.

The rest of the guys would just turn around and ask him who he is.

when i wrestled almost no one knew who cael sanderson was, no one knew who alexander karelin. and most of the wrestlers ive talked to recently know who Jordon burrough is.

I went to 2 boxing schools and none of them knew of sergio martinez who is number 3 p4p boxer rightnow, some didnt even know about RJJ.

knowing big names doesnt make you a better player,
what im saying is, when they compete and realize that they're getting smashed by these teams who always do good, they will realize what teams are legit and wat teams are not

knowing big names doesnt make you a better player,
what im saying is, when they compete and realize that they're getting smashed by these teams who always do good, they will realize what teams are legit and wat teams are not

Hum, I will give you a hint.

How much an affiliation fee to a big name team costs nowday? :p

sooo what about no gi?

No gi Jiu Jitsu is the future.

I am not talking of the umbrella terminology used by people that dont train BJJ.

I am just talking about IBJJF rules/sport in a shorts and rash guard.

I think training in rash guard and mma shorts will appeal to lot of people.

No gi Jiu Jitsu is the future.

I am not talking of the umbrella terminology used by people that dont train BJJ.

I am just talking about IBJJF rules/sport in a shorts and rash guard.

I think training in rash guard and mma shorts will appeal to lot of people.

same i know so many kids who loved wrestling when they started off season practice, but when they put the singlet on, they quit. U may be right, it seems that all belt system martial arts become doomed

same i know so many kids who loved wrestling when they started off season practice, but when they put the singlet on, they quit. U may be right, it seems that all belt system martial arts become doomed

No way, the belt system is not doomed.

You can still run a BJJ program in rash guard and mma shorts and still use the BJJ belt system.

You can still 1 token day of gi training per week etc..

But please when awarding a belt, make the effort to tie it around the student waist.

I dont like watching belt been given to a student and then he does his speech with the belt in his belt.

Judoka will no longer cross train, as Newaza means instant hansoku make (DQ).

20111112-215349.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if an XMA type of bjj comes about, stuff like Quantum Ju Jitsu:

I am taking quantum jujitsu, It is not like that video, more of a mma class really. 3 days per week split of Judo, bjj, and muay thai.

Then again, i do live in california. And i do t think most of you on here do as well. Bjn is big here. Especially in the bay area and southern california. I was talki. To a cop last time i was in san diego and he told me that his force started to bring in sone black belts to help them learn some grappling because peopme were pulling guard on them in the street. True story

Back