What will MMA's Infamous "No Mas" Moment be?

Jason Parillo stopped the fight, BJ didn't say no more.

Forrest against Anderson is the answer

once again he was was beaten to a pulp and ref was about to stop it anyway. I dont think you guys have watched that duran fight. Not the same or even close.

I never said any of the ones I mentioned I mentioned were close to Duran's fight.

Thats why it was a QUESTION... "Who can you see doing something similar thats a tough ass guy now"..

I can see Nate, on the last leg of his career, smoking too much weed and not taking care of himself, fighting a young monster and in between rounds just saying "fuck this I'm out".

how embarrassing! Especially vs much smaller man

Him not wanting to rematch Hendricks after a gift decision could also be seen as “no mas” moment.

the guy who was considered one of the best fighters at that time runs away from the sport in his prime after finally facing well rounded ww

Forrest Griffin tapping out to strikes agsinst Anderson Silva.

No mas.

Was that some imaginary rematch in your head? Because unless my memory is severely faulty, he flopped like a fish but didn't actually tap.

Rory folding against Robbie, it's like he just couldn't stand any more pain.

That was so sad to see. No matter what you think of the guy, it's heartbreaking seeing an absolute warrior fighting his heart out, no matter the pain, no matter the injury, until finally his body just quit on him.

giphy.gif

A lot of people thought he beat GSP in the first fight.

Only because Penn fans were crazy. There was zero argument for Penn winning rounds 2 or 3 and even round 1 was closer than people remember. Penn did most of his damage from an eye poke

That was so sad to see. No matter what you think of the guy, it's heartbreaking seeing an absolute warrior fighting his heart out, no matter the pain, no matter the injury, until finally his body just quit on him.

giphy.gif

Neither Robbie or Rory were ever the same after that fight

Dana: Who do you wanna fight,Conor? how about Masvidal?

Conor: No Mas.

I'd add Ronda. She trash talked Holly before their fight, she had an aura anda actually believed her own hype.

She ended up looking completely lost and outclassed, brutally KTFO, quit the sport, quit talking to the press, stopped pretending to be a badass, had a mental breakdown, and came back for a paycheck and got KTFO again.

Do you even know what "No Mas" was?

Anyway the " No Mas" thing was a really strange freak occurance really. Never seen anything quite like it,esp coming from a guy who is hard as nails as Duran is.
People can joke all they want,but Duran fought in 5 different fucking decades. They really ought to shut the fuck up and put respect on Duran's name.

Jason Parillo stopped the fight, BJ didn't say no more.

Forrest against Anderson is the answer

Penn may have not said no more but he was obviously quitting. They asked him like 5 times if he wanted to fight and he went out of his way not to even look at them. He quit

You can argue Leonard won the first fight. Was very close.
The ref def let Duran get away with alot. But Duran rules so fuck it.

Just in case you people cant read more than a sentence,here are the cliffs

Sugar ray started doing alot of bullshit faking and taunting and alot of nonsense.and it frustrated Duran so much,that he had a mental breakdown and simply quit in the middle of the fight.

so all this stuff your posting,it fucking has nothing to do with what the fuck the TS is talking about.

Could you pick any worse choices?? Bitching and moaning in between bouts is not even close to the same as partying and getting fat inbetween camp and going in there and quiting in the middle of a fight. The guys you named would never just quit in a fight
No one thought Duran would either,but the thing is there is no way to guess who would do that when.

We saw Jerome Lebanner refuse to come out for an extra round against Fujimoto. We all know Jerome is tough as nails. But when you have had 120 fights,who knows,maybe one day you snap and "That's fucking It!"

Really its kind of a dumb question, because you cant see it coming. But the answers in this thread are even more ignorant.

Penn may have not said no more but he was obviously quitting. They asked him like 5 times if he wanted to fight and he went out of his way not to even look at them. He quit
He was completely out of it. They stopped the fight for his safety because he would've went back out there.

He def quit,he just didnt want to say it.

Boxers do this quite often. Is normal.

Back