What will MMA's Infamous "No Mas" Moment be?

I love BJ, but I can see the reference, although he's always proven that he's willing to fight anybody. I'd add Ronda. She trash talked Holly before their fight, she had an aura anda actually believed her own hype.

She ended up looking completely lost and outclassed, brutally KTFO, quit the sport, quit talking to the press, stopped pretending to be a badass, had a mental breakdown, and came back for a paycheck and got KTFO again.

You seem to be in the minority
I mean BJ was dominant AF at that time and he was tough as hell too but I don't think he was terrifying like Duran.

Manos de Piedra made opponents shit their pants and turn pale from fear.

Forrest Griffin tapping out to strikes agsinst Anderson Silva.

No mas.

In 1980, "Manos de Piedra", none other than Roberto Durant himself had just beaten Sugar Ray Leonard in a masterclass, an absolutely career defying performance.( He moved up from LW to WW to take on the undefeated at the time Leonard)

Duran landed vicious shots to the body and bobbed and weaved all night long while getting inside and brutalizing Sugar Ray with lighting quick combinations leaving his face nearly decapitated after the 12 long rounds were up.

In fact, the beating was so bad, that Sugar Ray Leonard's wife fainted in the 7th Round and if I'm not mistaken didn't get up until the fight was over. Duran had been trash talking Ray throughout the entire lead up to the fight , talking about his wife, family, and even after the fight he grabbed his crotch and called Sugar a P**** which pissed off Sugar's brother who charged at Duran and caught a right hand from Roberto, lol, the savagery.

Duran was such a savage that he knocked out a horse, yes an actual horse just for a bet with a man at a bar. The guy would have foam on the corners of his mouth, ready to eat you alive like a cannibal in there. Absolutely terrifying human being..

Moving on...

Shortly after their first fight, the rematch was booked and just 5 months later, the two were scheduled to throw down again.

In the rematch,
Sugar Ray completely dominated Duran for 8 rounds. He also taunted him at times with Ali shuffles, sticking his neck out, and even did a fake bolo punch which ended up being a jab right to Duran's nose. Duran was completely shook, baffled and embarrassed like no ones ever seen before - people were even laughing at him, enjoying that Leonard was mocking him. Not only that, but In the closing seconds of the 8th round, Manos de Piedra turned his back to Leonard, lifted his right hand and told the ref "NO MAS".

The bully of boxing, the scariest man alive, the savage of savages, the one guy you most certainly would always expect to go out on his shield, did the unthinkable, he turned his back on the sport, tucked his tail between his legs, and QUIT.

Which leads me to my question,
Which similar guy in MMA can you see one day just flat out quitting?
Could you pick any worse choices??? none of those would ever quit in a fight. bitching and complaining in between fights isnt the same as becoming champ and running around like a idiot getting fat and not training leading to you breaking in a fight and quitting.

NATE?????
Elkins?
Gaethje??
TONY??

Will we have a NO MAS MMA moment in our lifetime?
Could you pick any worse choices?? Bitching and moaning in between bouts is not even close to the same as partying and getting fat inbetween camp and going in there and quiting in the middle of a fight. The guys you named would never just quit in a fight

In 1980, "Manos de Piedra", none other than Roberto Durant himself had just beaten Sugar Ray Leonard in a masterclass, an absolutely career defying performance.( He moved up from LW to WW to take on the undefeated at the time Leonard)

Duran landed vicious shots to the body and bobbed and weaved all night long while getting inside and brutalizing Sugar Ray with lighting quick combinations leaving his face nearly decapitated after the 12 long rounds were up.

In fact, the beating was so bad, that Sugar Ray Leonard's wife fainted in the 7th Round and if I'm not mistaken didn't get up until the fight was over. Duran had been trash talking Ray throughout the entire lead up to the fight , talking about his wife, family, and even after the fight he grabbed his crotch and called Sugar a P**** which pissed off Sugar's brother who charged at Duran and caught a right hand from Roberto, lol, the savagery.

Duran was such a savage that he knocked out a horse, yes an actual horse just for a bet with a man at a bar. The guy would have foam on the corners of his mouth, ready to eat you alive like a cannibal in there. Absolutely terrifying human being..

Moving on...

Shortly after their first fight, the rematch was booked and just 5 months later, the two were scheduled to throw down again.

In the rematch,
Sugar Ray completely dominated Duran for 8 rounds. He also taunted him at times with Ali shuffles, sticking his neck out, and even did a fake bolo punch which ended up being a jab right to Duran's nose. Duran was completely shook, baffled and embarrassed like no ones ever seen before - people were even laughing at him, enjoying that Leonard was mocking him. Not only that, but In the closing seconds of the 8th round, Manos de Piedra turned his back to Leonard, lifted his right hand and told the ref "NO MAS".

The bully of boxing, the scariest man alive, the savage of savages, the one guy you most certainly would always expect to go out on his shield, did the unthinkable, he turned his back on the sport, tucked his tail between his legs, and QUIT.

NATE?????
Elkins?
Gaethje??
TONY??

You can argue Leonard won the first fight. Was very close.

Come on man! The first time the opponent was three times his size!
Lol- the mediocre lightweight was 11 pounds heavier than.

Conor then had another no mas moment vs bhibster which was really humiliating cause khabib s arm was barely across his face as Conor did the drum tap on habibs arm.

Hughes had a nice no mas no moment as gsp had him tied up in a way where Matt had to yell for the tap.

Fun fact- Duran maybe the greatest fighter to fight at his weight class and even though his fights with Leonard were step ups, 2nd fight he was out of shape and this a bit of semantics but Duran never said the words " no mas". I believe ref who waved off fight did based on Duran basically saying he was finished but not in those words.

Moving on...

In the rematch,

NATE?????
Elkins?
Gaethje??
TONY??

duran shouldn't have quit, but remember, duran wanted to fight and leonard wasn't fighting...he was dancing and moving and taunting, and duran simply didn't like that...he felt like leonard was being a coward.

Chris Leben saying "I'm done man. Stop it." between rounds against Uriah Hall to end his MMA career.

Find it yourself.

Last edited:
You can argue Leonard won the first fight. Was very close.

nah, not many people argued that...duran won that fight...but remember, duran was moving up a full weight class...back then, weight classes weren't separated by 5lbs, like they are today.

duran shouldn't have quit, but remember, duran wanted to fight and leonard wasn't fighting...he was dancing and moving and taunting, and duran simply didn't like that...he felt like leonard was being a coward.

Lol, Duran was being made a complete fool of by Leonard. That's ridiculous to say he quit because his opponent was being a coward.

Chris Leben saying "I'm done man. Stop it." between rounds against Uriah Hall to end his MMA career.

I'm almost certain, you're not allowed to post that link.

Heads up.

Back