What would it take for you to move across the country?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
1. A job offer for 25% more pay?
2. A girl (or guy) you met online and want to marry? (Or just bang a lot and never marry)
3. Your family members moved away and you want to follow them?
4. To get a fresh start?
5. A local drug dealer threatens your life because you stole 20k from him?

Or something else?

What would it take?

I’m considering moving across the country because the cost of living is so high in San Diego. I also have lived here my whole life and want to try something new.

All my family is here though, so not sure if I’ll ever do it.

2. A girl (or guy) you met online and want to marry? (Or just bang a lot and never marry)

tWwBnhF.gif

Money is the only thing that will make me move. Every financially enriching opportunity I have is a byproduct of living in Los Angeles which (even though it has its faults) provides me with seemingly limitless access to wealth and opportunities that far exceed my skill levels and education.

it would take a lot more than a 25% pay raise considering I’m a business owner whose businesses rely heavily on the luxury side of Los Angeles lifestyle. I would need to have a solid 5-10 year plan where the benefits far outweighed the potential costs of profit losses by removing me from access to my local contacts. I couldn’t imagine I would ever be able to completely abandon the west coast… even the thought exercise of being bi-coastal leaves a bad taste in my mouth and already gives me fomo.

bitches and money

I moved from Chicago to San Diego five years ago. I had just gotten out of long term relationship and my ex didn't want to move here. We broke up and I was stuck in a dead end job so that really got the ball rolling. The thing that pushed me over the edge was meeting someone while out here on vacation. We long distance dated for nine months and it was a no brainer for me to move here to further the relationship.

I packed everything I could fit into the Camaro I was driving at the time (which wasn't much) and drove out here never to look back.

I recently broke up with my girl of 7 or 8 years and then my Daisy Dog just died on Saturday, I love the Bay Area and hope to live here forever but at this very moment in my life I would absolutely move far away for the right job, I would plan on returning eventually but a great job in a new location would do me good right now, it would have to be much more than a 25% raise though

Moved from Louisiana to Utah for my wife’s career. So money definitely. Moved from Louisiana to Connecticut for a bit because of a girl.

Honestly, moving away from Louisiana for any reason.

Money is the only thing that will make me move. Every financially enriching opportunity I have is a byproduct of living in Los Angeles which (even though it has its faults) provides me with seemingly limitless access to wealth and opportunities that far exceed my skill levels and education.

it would take a lot more than a 25% pay raise considering I’m a business owner whose businesses rely heavily on the luxury side of Los Angeles lifestyle. I would need to have a solid 5-10 year plan where the benefits far outweighed the potential costs of profit losses by removing me from access to my local contacts. I couldn’t imagine I would ever be able to completely abandon the west coast… even the thought exercise of being bi-coastal leaves a bad taste in my mouth and already gives me fomo.
If you can afford to live here, you should stay. Admittingly California is not great for people who don't make a lot and can't afford it, but being in your situation why would you want to leave. I'm in the same situation.. I'm not rich but my wife and I do very well, own a nice house and don't have kids. Plus my wife works union state job so she wants to retire with CDCR and collect that full pension. I work in tech and there's a lot of opportunity for what I do here and I get paid very well as it is.

It's possible we might move in 17 years when she's eligible for full retirement, but I still don't want to leave lol.

I recently broke up with my girl of 7 or 8 years and then my Daisy Dog just died on Saturday, I love the Bay Area and hope to live here forever but at this very moment in my life I would absolutely move far away for the right job, I would plan on returning eventually but a great job in a new location would do me good right now, it would have to be much more than a 25% raise though
RIP Daisy dog

25% is decent, but certainly not enough for me.

Would have to be above 50

I move around a lot anyway so I'd take any of those minus the girl. Moving for another person is stupid unless it's to take care of your cancer-ridden mother which is what I had to do.

Better natural environment would be the biggest draw for me. I would move somewhere with a beach and to get away from a shitty big city.

It would take an absolute one in a million woman that I can't stand to live another second without to get me to leave my family/home/job. Even money wouldn't be enough

Back