What's Cooking for 300?

The last time I stayed up for a PPV, my stream died in the main event and I missed it. Not chancing it for 300 - will download the entire card on Sunday and get smashed in the afternoon watching it in full, haha.

You must be English. They have the worst food, no wonder they need beer and edibles. Gotta put down that aweful cuisine somehow.

I'm Aussie so not far off. Works for me my man!

I'd say buy some spam and maybe shredded cheese.

Spam, egg sandwiches with cheese just sounds better to me.

You'll thank me once the edibles kick in.

Appreciate the advice Sherbro, but I bought some Spam last year to try it, it was fucking shit IMO and I chucked it out!

Boiled Crawfish, corn and potatoes.

Now we're fucking talking, hot sauce as well I'm guessing?

Borger with double cheese & Pepsi cola

A box from Daves Hot Chicken.. some Blue Dream, home made apple pie

I think I am going to treat myself to a nice good quality Steak. M&Ms and Skittles for the prelims and a nice Steak meal for the main card. Might as well spoil myself for a change

appreciate the advice Sherbro, but I bought some Spam last year to try it, it was fucking shit IMO and I chucked it out!

Probably a decent move but when you're old and bedridden you're going to wish you ate that can of Spam and died 5 years earlier.

Hopefully you still have an account at that point and can tell everyone about your hospital peaches and balone sandwiches UFC 500 meal.

While im not as excited for UFC 300 as i was for UFC 100 and UFC 200, I figured I would at least get excited cooking for UFC 300. My usual is Pizza, wings, and Cheesesteaks, but Im thinking of doing Fried tortilla steak and shrimp taco's, and chicken and steak Empanada's. What are you guys planning, and going with the mexican theme, what are some other finger food idea's to snack on during the fights.
Also, Corona w/lime will be the drink of choice.
You gotta favourite cheesesteak?
Or rather, what are your preferred toppings?

I'm Aussie so not far off. Works for me my man!

Appreciate the advice Sherbro, but I bought some Spam last year to try it, it was fucking shit IMO and I chucked it out!

Now we're fucking talking, hot sauce as well I'm guessing?
You don't need any, we use crawfish dip.

Last edited:
You gotta favourite cheesesteak?
Or rather, what are your preferred toppings?
All my favorite cheesesteak joints either retired or closed down during covid and never reopened. As far as toppings its cooper sharp white american cheese, a tomato based sauce and hot cherry peppers.

All my favorite cheesesteak joints either retired or closed down during covid and never reopened. As far as toppings its cooper sharp white american cheese, a tomato based sauce and hot cherry peppers.
Oh, MAN... You know your stuff.
Angelo's Pizzeria has Cooper Sharp and cherry peppers and it's insane.
<RomeroSalute>

I know what I am cooking
8mazdb.gif

Going to smoke a rack of KC ribs.

Scratch rub with ground coriander & mustard seeds, along with garlic and dried ancho & palula peppers held with a cherry balsamic binder.

I have some KNOCKOUT Jalapeno cherry BBQ sauce that I will put on about half the rack. I often make my own BBQ sauce, but this stuff is really good.

200-225F smoke temp with applewood chips.

Oso Bueno beer I think
1712764075879.png

If its going to be a UFC, it might as well be 300! I could probably help you minimize the effects on your kidneys as far as food. Might want to look into some non alcohol beers. Theres a few that have an IPA taste that are really close to a regular beer.
Thanks dude. I've had a few, they aren't bad on a hot summer afternoon

I always cook day of the events and miss parts of the card. I'm not going down that road Saturday as I wish to watch all of the prelims.
Friday I'm going to make a big batch of lemongrass chicken filling for lettuce cups and separate the leaves from 5 or 6 heads of butter lettuce.
Saturday when people start getting hungry all I have to do is heat up the flling and put it in the crock pot to keep it warm, put a batch of rice in the rice cooker, lay out the lettuce, and put out a variety of sauces, dips, some chili crisp, homemade pickled vegetables, limes, and cilantro.
Boom! A build your own lettuce wrap bar.

Last edited:
3 bowls of corn flakes as it is early in the morning for EU

I have two 12 packs of hot links, succulent 2.5 lbs tri-tip steak, and some fillet chicken breasts.

I think i will buy some pizza as well
spoiler alert: Senbonzakura watching the event alone

Its like tri tip but 10x better. I used to use Oakridge Carne Crosta but they went out of business. I still have some reserved stock, but you could use a simple Lawry's seasoning salt and black pepper.

20200613-215734.jpg

20200613-215740.jpg
why did you sprinkle stripper glitter on your steak?

Back