What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dadi has been busy as well:

There's a lot of news to post, and I'm waiting on a couple more vids from other people. But for now, some of you had asked about Christian (new pupil of mine, former pupil of Alvaro Morales) sparring, here's he and Joseph gettin' down. What's funny about this is how many times I have to put the camera down because they were catching so many punches they kept untying each other's gloves:

Great sparring. It looked to me like Christian struggled the most when Joseph fought him for the initiative and picked up the speed. Some great body punching in there. I'm looking forward to seeing Christian when he shakes all the rust off, especially that right uppercut considering it already looked good here.

It's coming soon, he's looking much sharper now^.

So here's a bit of a wet dream. Arnor was here with a couple of Dadi's other fighters. He had broken his left thumb about 6 weeks ago, so he couldn't use that hand. Daijon obliged by only using his right as well, this is how that went:

It's coming soon, he's looking much sharper now^.

So here's a bit of a wet dream. Arnor was here with a couple of Dadi's other fighters. He had broken his left thumb about 6 weeks ago, so he couldn't use that hand. Daijon obliged by only using his right as well, this is how that went:

Seems like an uneven fight to me. That Arnor guy wasn't even using his left to block punches. He was a completely one armed fighter. Daijon used his other hand to block the shots.

Anyway, cool session. Arnor is a tough and skilled guy, but he should be more concerned with getting blasted in the head like that,

Seems like an uneven fight to me. That Arnor guy wasn't even using his left to block punches. He was a completely one armed fighter. Daijon used his other hand to block the shots.

Anyway, cool session. Arnor is a tough and skilled guy, but he should be more concerned with getting blasted in the head like that,

They weren't fighting. And Arnor did accuse Daijon of cheating for using his left to defend.

Arnor knows how to GET hit. There were only a couple of moments where his head moved a lot. That said, under normal circumstances and with both hands, he's probably THE toughest to hit clean guy that Dadi trains.

Yo, nice! When's Bandito going pro? I like his style.

I don't know. When I like what I see on a very routine basis. Unfortunately for some of these more talented kids, what I require to turn a guy Pro is discipline.

They weren't fighting. And Arnor did accuse Daijon of cheating for using his left to defend.

Arnor knows how to GET hit. There were only a couple of moments where his head moved a lot. That said, under normal circumstances and with both hands, he's probably THE toughest to hit clean guy that Dadi trains.

Sparring*, I know they were not literally fighting.

Rightfully so, if you want to make it even, make it even.

Ah okay. Yeah looked like he took some of the shots well. Anyway I can imagine it's very difficult with one hand, especially when sparring someone like Daijon. Any recent videos of Arnor sparring with both hands?

This was his most recent bout, against a guy much heavier, where Dadi had to tell him to only throw single shots so he could get something out of it:

P.S. - I didn't want to let Arnor move at all. But he wanted to and being as they were only here one full day I let it happen. I didn't have anything to fasten their arms with, and Daijon's never done one-armed work before, so his blocks were largely out of reflex. But I figured if Arnor wanted it, he could deal with it. Ja!

This was his most recent bout, against a guy much heavier, where Dadi had to tell him to only throw single shots so he could get something out of it:

P.S. - I didn't want to let Arnor move at all. But he wanted to and being as they were only here one full day I let it happen. I didn't have anything to fasten their arms with, and Daijon's never done one-armed work before, so his blocks were largely out of reflex. But I figured if Arnor wanted it, he could deal with it. Ja!

Thanks.

Yeah I understand, I would probably put up my hand as well. Hard to let someone straight sock you if you see it coming.

In regards to the video, man he was completely outclassing him. I can't decide whether they were being too nice or cruel letting it drag out like that. I guess as you said they wanted something out of it. Even though his opponent was not near his level, he is very good. I like his style, very rooted, controlled range and relaxed. What's the plan for his future and how many fights has he had?

Btw, I don't get what "Ja" means.

^^I think I skipped to the middle and watched a few seconds of that exhibition fight when it was posted, but closed it and decided to watch it later. Didn't actually watch it until now.

What I completely skipped over (literally) the first time was that Rashad Ganaway was lightweight champion. I just assumed it was a regular guy from Tocco's. Joseph Macedo's performance against the champ is unbelievably good. Must be some kind of confidence booster to get away with doing something like that

I also like how Rashad was getting really 'competitive'. Really dialing it up, not playing around. He was being challenged, and you could see he was laser focused. Somewhere towards the beginning (2:07), his corner yells "Adjust your level! Too hot" and he nods. The intensity later raises back up but not all the way to 99% like it was at 2:06

JoMac does with some sweet series of uppercuts towards the end. He looked right at home with that whole performance (especially after the initial 30 seconds of feeling out). Must be a great feeling knowing you can not only hang with the best but cause trouble while there

Thanks.

Yeah I understand, I would probably put up my hand as well. Hard to let someone straight sock you if you see it coming.

In regards to the video, man he was completely outclassing him. I can't decide whether they were being too nice or cruel letting it drag out like that. I guess as you said they wanted something out of it. Even though his opponent was not near his level, he is very good. I like his style, very rooted, controlled range and relaxed. What's the plan for his future and how many fights has he had?

Btw, I don't get what "Ja" means.

Ja is a laugh in Spanish.

Arnor is going to move here and go Pro, he's had around 30-ish Amateur fights. He'll be an Amateur for around another year, maybe less. He plans to come here and get a couple of fights either this summer or fall, then next year he'll move here to turn Pro.

^^I think I skipped to the middle and watched a few seconds of that exhibition fight when it was posted, but closed it and decided to watch it later. Didn't actually watch it until now.

What I completely skipped over (literally) the first time was that Rashad Ganaway was lightweight champion. I just assumed it was a regular guy from Tocco's. Joseph Macedo's performance against the champ is unbelievably good. Must be some kind of confidence booster to get away with doing something like that

I also like how Rashad was getting really 'competitive'. Really dialing it up, not playing around. He was being challenged, and you could see he was laser focused. Somewhere towards the beginning (2:07), his corner yells "Adjust your level! Too hot" and he nods. The intensity later raises back up but not all the way to 99% like it was at 2:06

JoMac does with some sweet series of uppercuts towards the end. He looked right at home with that whole performance (especially after the initial 30 seconds of feeling out). Must be a great feeling knowing you can not only hang with the best but cause trouble while there

Yeah, Rashad's no joke. He did lose to Jesus Gutierrez, who used to train here. And he has a couple of losses but none of those guys were bums. He's just been mis-managed out of the gate. He's also training for a fight, so yeah he wasn't playing around in there.

Thing about Joseph is as of right now he's a Gym fighter. Looks like a million bucks in the Gym, but tends to be a discipline case, and tends to freeze a bit in fights. I've been trying to remedy this, but it's slow-going with one of those "no-hope rough background" types who was ALSO spoiled by the one parent he did have.

Ja is a laugh in Spanish.

Arnor is going to move here and go Pro, he's had around 30-ish Amateur fights. He'll be an Amateur for around another year, maybe less. He plans to come here and get a couple of fights either this summer or fall, then next year he'll move here to turn Pro.

Ah I see. Well, sounds promising! Looking forward to the updates. It's pretty cool having this window into your world over there. Gives me a chance to live vicariously through some legit prospects lol!

Good luck with everything and keep up the good work.

Thanks, and there's a lot more to come. My work in getting this Gym back as a key player in the Vegas boxing scene is really just starting to pay off.

BTW, yelling at Joseph in that video is Mike McCallum, his teacher's teacher. The one getting all hyped-up.

BTW, yelling at Joseph in that video is Mike McCallum, his teacher's teacher. The one getting all hyped-up.

Sick! McCallum is a legend man. He was so good. Must be gold having someone like him associated with the gym. Is he there on the regular?

I can answer that question with another video:

It took a while for all these videos to get made, but there was A LOT of commotion around here during the Mayweather/Pacquiao event. This U.K. youtube channel did 2 interviews with me:

And then this one. I was kind of ill-prepared because they only told me that day they were going to ask this question. So I was just going off the top of my head:

The comments are hilarious. Like how the guy KSI obviously doesn't know a lot about boxing and seems to try and hurry the interviews along at some points. How I do my leg-shaking thing and someone in the comments said: "I think that guy has to pee."

Then there was this crazy thing we did for a Japanese TV show where the interviewer came to our Gym to try and condition himself to be able to take a punch from Tyson, whom he was going to interview and ask if he could get hit by him:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40380879/Johnny.mp4

A song some dude wrote about the Gym:

And for you History buffs, Tyson sparring here in 1986:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back