What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the big news is that I no longer work the office of the Gym. I`m still here (posting this from the Gym right this second), but I'm training people full time. So if anyone was considering making the pilgrimage to Vegas, this would be the best time. This came about because we had to get rid of one of our key trainers, and the owners know that's my best capacity. I didn't much like riding the desk anyway, but it also puts me in that "gunslinger" position. Some of you who follow the youtube page I post videos on, or who know me through Facebook might have noticed a jump in the number of videos of my guys working out, that's to put it out there. And there will be more to come. I also enabled ads on that page, for the simple reason that even if they get accidentally clicked, it brings in some change.

I'm developing a couple of new guys from the ground up as well. So I'll likely be sharing their progress as it moves. Granted they remain dedicated, which is the biggest problem here in the U.S. For instance, Joseph quit. I won't go into the thousand reasons why he was messing things up, I'll just say that the kid has a lot of growing up to do before anyone can ask him to be responsible. The others are still coming along, and I'm grooming Cyclone Mike for his Pro debut. So stay tuned.

Will post more later when I have more time and battery but I made the trip to vegas to learn from Sin and it was invaluable and his team is full of great guys (and girl) if anybody is thinking about taking the trip, you should just do it you wont regret it.

also it was fucking cool meeting mccallum and his son, that kids right hand is like a cannonball Mike must have hands of cast iron or something to hold mitts for him.

Last month I went to Vegas for a bit and I went to tocco's for about 3 weeks. During that time I trained under sin with his group and it was amazing I learned a bunch from sin and being around the gym was very educational. Sin is a fantastic trainer and the level of attention and care he gives to boxing and his students is something I have never experienced before, and I have bounced around a lot of gyms. Sins training was very smart he used a lot of different tools to teach concepts that most of the gyms I have been too covered in only 2 minutes what resulted from the specialization was really a deeper knowledge of the technique and a greater appreciation for the sport/art itself. This level of detail is obvious in his students aswell, none of them were stupid when it came to boxing they all knew what they needed to do had a knowledge of boxing history and even were educated on the physical therapy side of the training. Really the level of his group and his training is on another level, which leads to my only real problem with sin he is too good of a coach I don't want to pay anybody else for training now.
I am not going to go too in depth with the training specifics because frankly if you want to know sins style and get better you need to get your ass to Vegas and in to Tocco's.
For the guys here who are not in love with boxing or have other goals training with sin can still be very beneficial for you guys. Like most here I have interests in and have trained in many different martial arts and I have always wanted to go back to tcm, Muay Thai, grappling etc.. Training with sin I did not only learna bunch about boxing but we had talks about kung fu, kickboxing, grappling, mma etc. being around the gym there are opportunities to learn about pretty much anything you want and sin is very capable of catering towards non boxing needs when it comes to his training.

Lastly I want to say what sin said earlier is true about his training his lessons don't just stop in the gym he really does try to teach and coach you in a way that will make you better or find who you really are. With me I really started to develop a confidence in my ability to just be capable to achieve my goals. This is not a false confidence rooted in a inflated ego due to an ability to rough someone up. Instead this confidence is based in the fact that I made it out there, that I trained hard (for my level anyway), and that I really got something out of the situation.

P.s. Shout out to Rodrigo, tocco's por vida homies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back