What's so thug about Thug Rose ?

I noticed that Anderson Silva is not actually a spider.... what gives?!

uhhh i think she went hrough some hardships or abuse which gave her that thug mentality. duh
Thug mentality ? She has zero thug mentality ? She comes across as a very nice person.

A lot of MMA nicknames are silly. How about "The Natural Born Killer" used by a technical point striker, who is a politicians son? Not exactly hardcore.

Her pounding JJ’s glass chin is thug enough for me.

What's so sweet about Rashad? How many people did Wanderlei murder with an axe? How many homicides has Carlos Condit committed? Is GSP really in such a hurry?
It's just a tough sounding nickname.

I wouldn't read too much into it...but I have a life :oops:
<mma4>

This is not a Rose hate thread not in the slightest because i think she is a phenomenal fighter but what i don't understand is why she goes by the nickname "Thug Rose" ?

She comes across like a person that want's to be nice and "make the world a better place". To me she doesn't do anything at all that remotely makes her out to be a thug. If i had to look at her objectively i would say she is quite the opposite of a thug.

So yeah what is so thug about Thug Rose because i don't understand the nickname one bit.

She's a murderer for one. That's an instant qualifier.

A lot of MMA nicknames are silly. How about "The Natural Born Killer" used by a technical point striker, who is a politicians son? Not exactly hardcore.

Your join date checks out, Condit is one of the best finishers to ever compete in MMA. You are a buffoon, sir.

Surviving abuse from an early age, not making excuses and becoming a world champion

Your join date checks out, Condit is one of the best finishers to ever compete in MMA. You are a buffoon, sir.

WTF does finishing have to do with being fun or boring or being a brawler or being a boring technical fighter? Or being a politicians son or being a "natural born killer"? And most of those finishes were pre UFC as well, waay before my join date, buffoon.

CAGEPOTATO.COM: First of all, who gave you the nickname “Thug”?

Rose Namajunas: My neighborhood friends. When I was little, I was the only white girl, I was smaller than everyone else, and for some reason I just acted harder than everybody else — just fearless, you know? So they kind of dubbed me that because of the intimidating scowl I always had on my face. That’s what gave me that name.

http://www.cagepotato.com/interview...charm-and-her-invicta-fc-5-fight-this-friday/

2_Rose_Namajunas_vs._Kathina_Catron_2.gif

Thug Life

I thought it was because she speaks like she has a grade 1 education, like most thugs.

This is not a Rose hate thread not in the slightest because i think she is a phenomenal fighter but what i don't understand is why she goes by the nickname "Thug Rose" ?

She comes across like a person that want's to be nice and "make the world a better place". To me she doesn't do anything at all that remotely makes her out to be a thug. If i had to look at her objectively i would say she is quite the opposite of a thug.

So yeah what is so thug about Thug Rose because i don't understand the nickname one bit.
Her fake black accent, I guess.

You don't hear that lovely ghetto "twang" in her pronunciations?

She's thug, cause she's a white girl who likes to talk black...with her little ghetto slang. It's cute...but I don't like it when white girls do it.

Last edited:
Back