What's the appeal of the southwest?

I used to live in the High Desert of California and loved the scenery.

Joshua-Trees-in-the-Snow-Photo-credit-Mark-Hamel-800x445.jpg

4-4-09-scenery.jpg

One of the few places in SoCal where you can experience seasons.

Genuine question. I had to drive to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding last month, and I drove through Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada. I have no idea why people live in that region. There's huge stretches of nothing, you have to deal with droughts, the heat is unbearable, and there are deadly creatures like snakes and scorpions.
it's beautiful. the mesas, mountains, forests , and deserts are idyllic. The heat in new Mexico is pretty mild as are the winters. though I like hot weather.
the open spaces and small owns have charm for many. personally I like big cities better and lots of humidity which the Southwest lacks. but that's my home! 303 to the 505

Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico and states like those are beautiful to drive through and are sparsely populated. That beautiful to me.

New Mexico has mountains that aren't overrun with people like Colorado. I used to live near Mt. Taylor. It's an 11000 foot tall dormant volcano. You could go up there and not see another person for weeks. You'd see plenty of wildlife. You'd truly feel like the only person in world.

20a6bedb87c0ed16e06917dead1fec24

The lack of humidity and mosquitos is godlike for someone who grew up in the deep south like myself. If only Phoenix and Vegas were closer to the ocean.

If I have to explain it to you, it would never make sense in the first place.

hey!.………………………
hey
:(
Good news if you aren’t poor there’s a massive house in the desert to be had for less than $1000 a month. That puts you in the slums everywhere else on this damn continent.

Typical home value of:
New Mexico = $256,413
Arizona = $383, 799
California = $717,854
Colorado = $488,600
Massachusetts = $536,920

Good news if you aren’t poor there’s a massive house in the desert to be had for less than $1000 a month. That puts you in the slums everywhere else on this damn continent.
yea but I like city life.

Back