What's the best STEAK you ever had? Did YOU cook? Restaurant? Someone you know?

Home-cooked, at a backyard BBQ at this one friend of a friend's house who was a chef.

He made steak tips that were so damn delicious, I have thus far never met their match.

That guy was a wizard

Porterhouse with Montreal seasoning, grilled medium rare over hot coals.

There is something special about a great cut of steak cooked on your own grill.

I have cooked some fantastic steaks on my old charcoal grill but quite frankly i could never get the proper heat there to cook the perfect steak. One day I will actually melt and catch on fire my propane grill as I heat up well beyond 700 degrees and the last place it registers on my grill and let it sit at high until I open it up and the grill almost looks like it is about to become liquid metal. It is bright red.

This is a proper cooked steak for me.

very-rare-steak.png

this with the dried out edging makes me cry

Steak%20rare.JPG

At Applebee's right now waiting on a 6oz sirloin. This could be it!

Worked on a shoot in Vermont and every single Applebees in that state uses local beef

Applebees went from a wasteland of flavor to diabolically cheap meat legend

But now I work on NYC shoots and it went back to being the graveyard of all happiness

Ruth's Chris is consistently great.

The Ribeye at San Antonio's Texas Land & Cattle impressed me the most at the time.

The Wagyu Ribeye Cap at Cowboy Star is a thing of beauty.

Lol @ thinking reverse searing and smoking meat is hipster. 2 million years of modern humans and 5 billion people currently using those methods would be something I'd consider mainstream...

Hipster response

The best steak I've had was at a family bbq. prime rib-eye cooked with Argentinean grill and chimichurri.

Filet Mignon at Smith & Wollensky in NYC.

6oz. Steak? Did they also bring out a mirror so you could wax your vagina?
I wanted to say something to him along those lines but I think you got it covered. You're a Savage my man.

Shit I've had some bomb ass steaks in my time. The one steak I will never forget was when I was dating this girl years ago, she cooked me a pretty decent sized ribeye in the smallest little bachelor apartment I've ever been in. She cooked it in on a stove top in a cast iron skillet, no oven, no grill. I remember her laughing cause I pretty much ate the whole thing with my eye closed and my o face every bite. She never cooked for me before and I really wasn't expecting much. I pretty much fell in love after that meal.

This is such a hipster answer. Deer doesn't have the fat content to compete with beef.

Yes and no. I'm a ribeye guy but I can make a venison tenderloin that I'd put on par with most any other steak you've ever had. When it comes to beef, I just sear it with salt and pepper, then baste in herb butter but I have a fantastic marinade for venison that takes it to the next level. I do a bunch every year at my father's cabin for a big dinner and I've yet to have anyone tell me they've had better venison.

Sizzler has the best steaks. With a side of ketchup of course.

Best steak I ever had was at the capital grille in troy MI. Balsamic marinated for a day or two and just delicious. I believe it was a ribeye or delmonico but I can't remember. I've had some great filets as well.

2nd best steak is my own light butter seared zip steaks. My girls family owns an Arabic restaurant, and we are thinking about opening a steak place.

Good steak should be cooked in wood, just salt and pepper at most, like Uruguayans do. Oven, Iron Pan, Butter is just too much. Keep it simple, if the meat is good you don´t have to go crazy with the processes.

60 day dry aged prime rib seasoned with coarse kosher salt and black pepper, revearse seared in a cast iron pan with butter after smoking with pecan at 225 for a couple of hours until it reached an internal temp of 120.

This is such a hipster answer. Deer doesn't have the fat content to compete with beef.

Come on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back