Movies What's The Better Trilogy Star Wars OT or Lord of the Rings.

MLarson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love them both but I like Star Wars a little better.

Lord of the rings overall, because there have been like 4 bad star wars movies, compared to only 2 bad hobbit movies

Star Wars original Trilogy smashes LOTR Trilogy

The Hobit Trilogy is much better than Star wars 1, 2, 3 and 7,8,9

Inb4 someone references Clerks.

Perfect thing to reference in this scenario. Classic scene.

Three movies of just walking…even the trees walked in those movies.

Maybe we should call your friend Padme cause he’s in love with Mannequin Skywalker.

LOTR all day. Return of the Jedi is an objectively weak film compared to the others, and there’s no weak film like that in the LOTR trilogy. I don’t think imdb matters but it is interesting that all 3 LOTR movies are in the top 15. Empire is the highest ranked of the Star Wars movies coming in at 15.

I'd have to go with Star Wars. 'A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away' just gets me going for some reason.

I believe there's Aliens out there and the universe is billions of years old aaand I'm stoned.

I’m a huge Star Wars fan but LOTR wins for me.

So many epic moments crowded into that trilogy.

I enjoyed all 6 star wars movies way more than I enjoyed any LOTR movie.

I thought LOTR was kinda boring. 3 movies to tell the tale of one journey? At least each of the 6 star wars movies told it's own self-contained story.

As much as I love the original Star Wars Trilogy, in my mind LOTR cinematically is on a whole other level and not only the best trilogy ever made but some of the greatest cinematic storytelling ever.

LOTR is better honestly across the board.

LOTR and its not particularly close. Ewoks make the 3rd SW film pretty much unwatchable

Lord of the Rings.

Used to like Star Wars, but the latest trilogy completely ruined the universe for me, to the point that even the original trilogy is no longer watchable. The Hobbit movies were terrible too, but they didn't have a fat Aragorn sucking alien teat milk and so didn't have any real impact on the original films.

LOTR is almost perfect, but I honestly thought Return of the King despite the Oscars had too much shitty CGI. The army of the dead looked terrible IMO, some of the Legolas scenes in the big battle had a bit too much of that Hobbit CGI crap. Took me out of it and was nowhere near as good as Helms Deep. Also I agree with Christopher Lee, excluding what happened to Saruman was a terrible creative choice. Would be like if Darth Vader just disappeared after the 1st Death Star blew up with no explanation. Star Wars OT before George added a bunch of garbage to it was slightly better. People shit on Return of the Jedi but the beginning with Jabba's Palace and the end with the throne room scenes with Luke's confrontation with Vader and Palpatine are iconic moments in movie history.

Back