What's the most hours you've ever worked in a week?

for me it was around 60 hours. twelve hour days, but it was intense labor work. after the last day i was so drained, i slept almost the entire weekend. not a good way to make a living.
Yeah the work life balance if made even worse because you probably sleep half the day/ice bath on an 80 work week it is an awful way to live. In reality my free time every week was only like 12 hours like 2 hours of it doing laundry too.

100+ hours/wk tech consulting in my younger days which wasn't even that difficult, you can still get 5+ hours sleep.

In college I went 3+ days no sleep at all, woke up in a computer lab, face down in front of a monitor with a whole class going on around me. My roommates thought I had died because they kept checking my room and noticed the sheets on my bed hadn't been moved in days.

85-90 my first couple weeks when I ran a milk route. Never ran a route before, had 4 days “training”, where I rode in the passenger seat while the driver didnt tell me/show me shit. Threw me right to the wolves. The only thing they showed me how to do was to manipulate the driving logs to make it appear i was working less than 15 hours per day

I can't remember but it was over 76

I've worked a ridiculous amount of 100 hour work weeks in my life.

Barring time in the military, I’ve worked a few 80 hour weeks at the PD. It sucks ass.
Not barring time in the military, it was 100 plus many times. 12-14 hours a day of watch not uncommon - if an essential piece of equipment breaks, it's no sleep until it's fixed (this would depend on your rate/rank/actual skill). In the shipyard (military and civilian) during critical testing 14-hour days can happen for a few weeks.
As a civilian, I worked a summer of 12-hour days with one day off a week (which many would volunteer for anyway) but since then I've avoided almost all overtime. There are many Government workers clamoring for the OT, and honestly most of it is either very simple but necessary stuff or simple but make-work stuff to appease those that want the extra pay. My policy is if you need me to do something - like I'm the only one with the knowledge and skills to accomplish an essential task on a deadline (hey, it happens!) - I'll do it. If it's something I can do during workhours, then that's what I'm going to do. At this point I value my time off more than the money. I'll do what's needful for the cause, but I'll find a way to do it before normal quitting time more times than not.

When I was 19 I worked for a moving company. I broke 90 hours a couple times. Once I worked from 7am to 3am and had to go back in at 7am. All for 7.75 an hour

Probably 90ish. I'm a firefighter though so my normal workweek is 56 hours.
Does the 56 include stuff like sleeping and watching TV at the station?
Helped take off the harvest for a few years , dryland wheat farm , started in the morning after the dew burned off maybe around 9 am or so , worked until around 10 pm to 11 or so when the dew became noticeable . I drove truck along the combine then when full would gun it to the grain bins , unload it with the auger .. repeat till the harvest was off , around 10 days, radio pulled in Great Falls station , Sweet Grass hills on the horizon , the odd antelope wandering past , quite a change from the mountains I call home .
The busiest time when I used to work on a farm was haytiming. Here's the process, maybe people will find it interesting. I've used stock pictures and omitted pauses, like waiting for the hay to dry, sleeping overnight etc.

(1) Start tractor.

zetor-4321-super-4321-super,831e2fe9-1.jpg

(2) Connect up mower,

VI-EXTRA-232-001_kvg_large.jpg

drive to fields and cut grass.

(2) Drive back to the barn and disconnect mower.

(3) Connect tedder,

Enorossi-Vortex-6-rotor-tedder-aerial-view.jpg

drive to the fields and fluff up grass.

(4) Drive back to the barn and disconnect tedder.

(5) Connect hay rake,

R2300_ACTION_03.jpg

drive to fields and rake grass into windrows.

(6) Drive back to barn and disconnect rake.

(7) Connect baler,

Krone-VariPack-V190-XC-Plus-01_F_C_Missing-Credit.jpg

drive to fields and bale hay.

(8) Drive back to barn and disconnect baler.

(9) Connect trailer

maxresdefault.jpg

and drive to fields. Park.

(10) Walk back to barn.

(11) Drive telehandler

TH7_37_Elite_18_197-1024x715.jpg

to fields and load trailer.

(11) Trailer is full. Drive tractor and trailer back to yard.

(12) Walk back to fields.

(13) Drive telehandler to yard and move bales from trailer to barn.

(14) Repeat as many times as necessary.

(15) Customers enjoying the finished product:

Horses-eating-Hay.jpg

In the past it would take a big team of men and horses but with modern machinery you only need a few people, maybe just one depending on how many acres, and there's almost no physical exertion involved. It just takes a long time, and you only have a fairly small window to do it for best results.

If rain comes or is even forecast the window gets even smaller. You usually do two cuts a year in the UK, sometimes three, a few people do more. If you also graze on the field you might only do one.

Obviously this is done in the summer during the long days. I might work for 20 hours on the longest days. Have the radio on and sandwiches and drinks in a cold box. Some people have beer while doing it, like the old days.

When I worked at Nissan during shutdown we worked 5 13 hour days to go in and work on the machines while everyone else was off. Couldnt miss a day either I had bronchitis and was sick as hell and still did it.

Well Santa works like 100,000 hours in 1 night . Yall serious light weights in comparison.

A little over 90. Paycheck was awesome, but Uncle Sam loves you more when you work so much. Ain't worth it. Thank god we're not subject to forced OT anymore.

Running my own construction business and working 6 12-hour days a week before sleeping all day Sunday. Thanks to that, I can't miss even an hour of sleep anymore without feeling like garbage!

I've never done more than 40. I am lazy compared to the average Sherbro it seems.
I'm not sure I have ever done 40.

If so I was probably stoned most of it.
Like... maybe around the holidays working at guitar center in my early 20s, due to the company extending hours and decent (relative to a broke AF 23 year old) amounts of commission to be made.

Back