What's the most hours you've ever worked in a week?

35 = just my career.
35 + 16 = career + side hussle.

Probably 75-80 for three consecutive months. Deadlines are not fun.

Working on an IT project.

38 at normal pay
2 hours at time and a half
44 at double time.

If I wasn't earning fuck all per hour it would have been awesome.

I was about 20 and had zero other responsibilities.

I don't mind deadlines. I mind unrealistic ones. So many clients are clueless.
Well unfortunately, if it didn't get done, at that time a military contractor was booked out for 6 months afterwards and some dickhead made promises to the head of Defence who would be showing up to the demo... It really was a giant clusterfuck, NOT of my making.

On the upside, all those extra hours paid for my six week trip around Europe afterwards... and then some. /shrugs

7x12 = 91
372 in 1 month.
5 off days in 7 months. Mostly 12 hours a day.
That was like 8 years ago.

This month I have 156. 13 x 12 and 16 off.

I'm about to change careers.

Well unfortunately, if it didn't get done, at that time a military contractor was booked out for 6 months afterwards and some dickhead made promises to the head of Defence who would be showing up to the demo... It really was a giant clusterfuck, NOT of my making.

On the upside, all those extra hours paid for my six week trip around Europe afterwards... and then some. /shrugs
Glad you got a decent payoff from it. Sounds like a recipe for burnout.

I worked 16 hours a day running a machine for two shifts a day for a few weeks at particularly busy times. That was 112 hours a week.

Over 70 at least for extended weeks and that's with me being on salary so it was very dumb in the long run. It cut my actual pay down huge when I calculated it because I don't get OT. Gotta love corporate life.

Are you guys all doing crazy amounts of overtime, or do you not have employment laws with max hours an employer can mandate?

The most they can make us work in the UK is 48 hours a week.

I regularly do 60 hour weeks, but they're followed by 20 hour weeks to compensate.

I work 12.5 hour shifts but usually do 3-4 days a week so i get 3-4 day weekends as well. However I once did a stretch of 11 days straight so 12.5 x 11 = 137.5 hours in 11 days. Or if we want to limit to a week it would be 87.5 hours in one week.

Between 90-100 hours a week for 6 weeks of the year every year, just get my head down and grind. You have no time for anything, no mowing the lawn or cleaning, wake up, get food and go. Just keep going and think of the money
It’s funny when people moan about been tired because they work 35 hours a week, don’t that shit by Wednesday morning
Is this harvest time on a farm

Reactions: ARW
140 hours once... and never again

was organising a music event, in the last week the venue I was planning to used got barred, so I had to get another venue, and on top of that we just had some terror attacks + ISIS claiming they were going to do something during newyear, so I had to convince all the management and the artists to show up, venue needed new flyers, new posters, new social media, new sound installation, more security...

the last day I started hallucinating because of the lack of sleep, one of my friends forced me to sleep on a couch, I probably went 2 or 3 days with maybe 1 or 2 hours of sleep...
20 hours a day for 7 days?

Probably about 80 hours when I was a tech, had a few breakdowns and I was on call, was fucked.

I’ve done 7 days 12 hour days many times so 84 for sure , but on those weeks I know there was some extra ot on top of that so at least 90+

80-88. How the fuck are you guys pulling 100 hour weeks?

80-88. How the fuck are you guys pulling 100 hour weeks?
In my experience 100 hour weeks are possible but not consecutively. The older I get the less I care and do less. When I was younger and needed the money and had the energy it was still hard but more possible

Barring time in the military, I’ve worked a few 80 hour weeks at the PD. It sucks ass.

Back