Whats the next disruptive technology?

tomjones

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We've seen many changes in the modern era. I used to regularly visit the DVD rental store and they're gone now due to online streaming. Also before smartphones, there used to be Internet cafes everywhere.

What do you think is next disruptive technology?

1000000233.jpg

I don’t think there can be another disruptive technology. Because tech corporations now run the government. They would be the ones who would be doing the disrupting. And also, they would stop anyone from disrupting their shit by paying off politicians to legislate preventative regulation immediately. The disrupters have become the establishment.

AI is the next disruptive tech because it will do everything, it replaces humans. That's the ultimate disruption.

3D printers also. AI destroys the knowledge/service economy and 3D printing destroys the industrial economy.

Neurolink or the integration of AI into humans will disrupt the external hardware service companies.

We are essentially in a new period of permanent disruption. Continuity is a thing of the past.

We are legit in the end times.

We've seen many changes in the modern era. I used to regularly visit the DVD rental store and they're gone now due to online streaming. Also before smartphones, there used to be Internet cafes everywhere.

What do you think is next disruptive technology?

View attachment 1027914
A new Sherdog forum format that doesn't suck

<{UberTS}>

AI is the next disruptive tech because it will do everything, it replaces humans. That's the ultimate disruption.

3D printers also. AI destroys the knowledge/service economy and 3D printing destroys the industrial economy.

Neurolink or the integration of AI into humans will disrupt the external hardware service companies.

We are essentially in a new period of permanent disruption. Continuity is a thing of the past.

We are legit in the end times.
AI is like 3D glasses, it was cool for a while

AI will be involved, but it's like the Internet, it will enable other types of disruption.

It's too bad a company like smile direct club couldn't survive a bit longer, because I think AI could help that company do better with their virtual teeth scans then you really wouldn't need to visit an orthodontist.

I bet Invisalign steals their idea and that becomes their business model in the future. They'll just try to do it gradually so big ortho won't oppose them.

AI is like 3D glasses, it was cool for a while
Yeah, but it's still replacing jobs at increasing rates. The prediction in 2023 was that AI would replace 2.5 million USA jobs by 2030, now that prediction is more like 45 million.

We're in the middle of a revolution. Like the frog in a pot. Seems fine, is boring. And yet.

Yeah, but it's still replacing jobs at increasing rates. The prediction in 2023 was that AI would replace 2.5 million USA jobs by 2030, now that prediction is more like 45 million.

We're in the middle of a revolution. Like the frog in a pot. Seems fine, is boring. And yet.
I dont believe it.

Siri was once touted as ai, and it's dumb as ever.

amazon had ai

healthcare had ai

zillow had ai

all of these failed spectacularly

it is a circular rat race, and I work with it first hand, but hell, if companies are willing to invest money into failure, who am I to stop them?

AI will do what it does best, hype products. Aside from that, it's not replacing people, that is what robots do. The most it'll replace is google because that became a shitshow once their primary focus was the dollar.

When they will start mixing Sex-doll with interactive A.I
We're fuck as a species... that incels generation will stop making babies real quick...

View attachment 1027929
If the AI sex robots get good enough I could see it lowing birth rates among those who can afford it.

But we could always count on the poor to keep making babies the old fashioned way.

I dont believe it.

Siri was once touted as ai, and it's dumb as ever.

amazon had ai

healthcare had ai

zillow had ai

all of these failed spectacularly

it is a circular rat race, and I work with it first hand, but hell, if companies are willing to invest money into failure, who am I to stop them?

AI will do what it does best, hype products. Aside from that, it's not replacing people, that is what robots do. The most it'll replace is google because that became a shitshow once their primary focus was the dollar.
You work in the AI field and don't see it as ANY kind of threat at all?

Even if it kinda sucks right now, it's going to get better. And maybe it doesn't replace 100% of jobs but I could totally see 3 programmers with good AI tools doing the job that it used to take a team of 10 human programmers to do.

Same with accountants.

You work in the AI field and don't see it as ANY kind of threat at all?

Even if it kinda sucks right now, it's going to get better. And maybe it doesn't replace 100% of jobs but I could totally see 3 programmers with good AI tools doing the job that it used to take a team of 10 human programmers to do.

Same with accountants.
I work with AI on a somewhat frequent basis. I use chat GPT on a daily basis as a replacement for google, to write software, and it fails to do the job 8/10 times, however, it does generally point me in the right direction if I make syntax errors or if my approach was wrong from the start. Getting a function to work all the way through is near impossible, but I'm a experienced developer, all is good. We're constantly exploring AI measures/tech/tools/products to solve human problems, and I am only one person in the company, I can tell my company that this approach wont work, and the underlying issue is something else and it wont matter, if the CEO is convinced, then I let him bury me with work, job security, I'm not looking to make waves, just looking to get paid.

FWIW, I make software to assist with doctors, and the idea to replace them is absolutely rubbish, since they have to rubber stamp everything anyhow, someone has to get sued, and AI cant be the one <45>

the thing with programmers is if you find a team of 3 talented guys, you can easily replace 20 juniors that are fumbling around, I know for damn sure, with a senior level guy working on the same wavelength, he can replace 4-5 mid level guys, it just depends how good they are at figuring the root of the problem and ability to scope the issue, ability to read between the lines, and then solve the problem and tie up all the loose ends.

AI is already disruptive... so it's not "next."

Actual full-self driving cars
Automated construction (houses, roads, bridges, etc.)
Anti-aging breakthroughs
Cures for most common diseases due to advancements in research driven by AI

Back