Whats the next disruptive technology?

I'm betting we will have some type of auto check out at stores, like at a vegas mini bar, if you pick it up and leave the store you buy it, no cashier, using a card.
That exists already, the main problem is alcohol sales and such.

AI is the next disruptive tech because it will do everything, it replaces humans. That's the ultimate disruption.

3D printers also. AI destroys the knowledge/service economy and 3D printing destroys the industrial economy.
There's still the not small hurdle of everyone but Nvidia and AMD bleed money on LLM because no one has figured out how to monetize it. And best case, it will be monetized like search engines, which is effectively an evolutionary step.
Even if it kinda sucks right now, it's going to get better. And maybe it doesn't replace 100% of jobs but I could totally see 3 programmers with good AI tools doing the job that it used to take a team of 10 human programmers to do.
How would you monetize this kind of AI? I don't think people understand the only reason it's so popular right now is because is nearly everyone is bleeding money to grow the user base.

How would you monetize this kind of AI? I don't think people understand the only reason it's so popular right now is because is nearly everyone is bleeding money to grow the user base.
Couldn't they license it like they do with software now?

If I create the Fedorgasm 9000 generative AI tool and it makes your employees get more work done in less time, you can lay off half your staff. Then I charge you a licensing fee.

I don’t think there can be another disruptive technology. Because tech corporations now run the government. They would be the ones who would be doing the disrupting. And also, they would stop anyone from disrupting their shit by paying off politicians to legislate preventative regulation immediately. The disrupters have become the establishment.
I think there could be a lot of truth to that, the period of the very late 20th century and early 21st you had a lot of technology coming though at once combined with a lot of existing large companies who were very set in their ways which allowed several new companies to attain dominance in a way which hadnt happened since at least the 50's and maybe back in the early 20th century.

These days any potentially disruptive tech would I think probably get bought up by the company it could potentially disrupt and either shut down or shifted in use so it was far less disruptive.

Couldn't they license it like they do with software now?

If I create the Fedorgasm 9000 generative AI tool and it makes your employees get more work done in less time, you can lay off half your staff. Then I charge you a licensing fee.
It's a bit of a Shazaam problem, where pricing a "That's cool" product is difficult. For example, each ChatGPT query costs a couple of pennies. Would users really be willing to pay a fee per query or a flat $5 a month fee or something?

The licensing fee stuff is viable for more commercial applications, but it's contingent on legal challenges being defeated. Plus, the licensing is multiple layers of companies and would drive up costs.

CRISPR-Cas9 could be great could be terrible. Also state sponsored shadow biology

I'm betting we will have some type of auto check out at stores, like at a vegas mini bar, if you pick it up and leave the store you buy it, no cashier, using a card.
Doesn't some Whole Foods already have that? Surely Japan does and I think they do have some with no employees inside.

AI is the next disruptive tech because it will do everything, it replaces humans. That's the ultimate disruption.

3D printers also. AI destroys the knowledge/service economy and 3D printing destroys the industrial economy.

Neurolink or the integration of AI into humans will disrupt the external hardware service companies.

We are essentially in a new period of permanent disruption. Continuity is a thing of the past.

We are legit in the end times.
Try to pay to get something small 3D printed and it's too cost prohibitive. If there wasn't a threat of tiny toxic plastic particles in the air, I would have bought a 3D printer already.

A.I. sex holograms that include a penis masturbating device that you can control the settings of.

Back