What's the one concert, you wish you went to?

Would you have wanted to see live the U2 - Zoo TV concert?

• Total voters
I turned down a chance to see Prince in the 80s with a cute girl from school because I had a Track meet the next day. I lost the race, lost the girl, and missed a chance to see an icon, who at the time I thought was "too gay". Immature, stupid mistake and choice I made.

Never got to see the original Sabbath with Ozzy till they reunited. I've seen every incarnation of the band live (pretty much).

Van Halen on every tour stop in my town from 79 to 84.

I saw the reunion with Dave tour in 2007 and it was one of the most disappointing experiences of my life. Maybe it was just a bad night or early in the tour but no two ways about it, they sucked

I turned down a chance to see Prince in the 80s with a cute girl from school because I had a Track meet the next day. I lost the race, lost the girl, and missed a chance to see an icon, who at the time I thought was "too gay". Immature, stupid mistake and choice I made.
That's the one artist I missed that I never went to see and had a chance as well but turned it down for the same reasons and I regret it. Now as far as seeing U2....I wouldn't go outside if they were playing in my backyard.

Too many to list honestly. But finally getting to see my favorite band in concert after ~23 years of being a fan, and seeing them 3× on this tour (including the final stop of the NA tour last weekend in Vegas) was amazing. My biggest regret is not seeing them way earlier due to life just getting in the way. No way I was going to miss them this time around.

I wish I had seen Slayer. I just never got a chance. Rather, I had stuff going in whenever I did have a chance to see them.

Also, anyone who has seen Deftones knows that they can be hit and miss live, depending on how fucked up Chino’s voice is at the time, and how much drugs they were on. I saw them play a pretty bad show and really want to see a good one live.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222_085625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_085625_Chrome.jpg
    992.6 KB · Views: 0
(Post a concert that you wish you went to, if possible)

The concert I wish I went to, would be this one.

Just realized, I did see this U2 tour/concert in November of 1992 at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver BC. It was shit lol. Unless you're on the floor, BC Place is a terrible place to see a concert. Too big and wide open. Not really made for concerts TBH. The sound just echoes and bounces around the stadium too much (it did anyway, before they put on the retractable roof). Public Enemy opened for them. And apparently The Sugarcubes, though I thought for years it was Bjork that was the other opening act for some reason.

I used to be a U2 fan. Still enjoy their music, but rarely listen to it anymore. Was just down in Vegas last weekend, and they were playing the Sphere. We went to check out the Sphere Friday night though. Tix to U2 were way more expensive than I'd ever pay to see them. My wife also looked at tix for Adele, the cheapest ones were 2800$ USD each. Fuck that noise.

I believe there was a concert where woman singer invited an attendee up on stage and he lied flat on his back while she pulled down her pants and pee'd on his face. I may have learned of that here.

I've seen these guys a couple of times and they were fantastic each time, but if I had a time machine this would be the first destination. Seattle, 1989. Doesn't get any better than this.

Was about to post this.

This was Metallica at the height of their performance.

I've seen them live in 2003, 2004, 2017, & 2019 but I wish I had seen them live back when Jason was in the band. His backup vocals complimented Jame's perfectly.

My concert that got away is GNR.
I think it would have been the Use Your Illusion tour.

My biological father got me tickets and my mom wouldn't let me go. I GUESS, I kind of get it, I totally disagree with the decision and I was annoyed as fuck at ttthe time but I am sure my mom was at least trying to do the right thing , even if that was a pretty solid parenting misstep.

Anyway, I didn't go and never got to see the original real GNR lineup and PEAK era performance.

I saw Axl and friends a few times.
Not the same.

Got lucky and saw their Appetite For Destruction Tour in North Carolina. It was incredible, opening the show with Night Train, then played their whole album.

I thought they were done? Is this the real Slayer lineup? Monies Jeff Hanneman of course. I don’t care if it’s Lombardo or Bostaph on the drums.

Back