What's the one concert, you wish you went to?

Would you have wanted to see live the U2 - Zoo TV concert?

• Total voters
Pantera when they were all still alive, particularly in Moscow
Rammstein
Judas Priest
Snoop/2Pac back in the day
Cypress Hill
The Prodigy (particularly during the rave scene in the '90s)
NWA

Others I'm not remembering.

Might be a few of those still touring I s'pose

Tim Waits in NY for 100 dollars. Was in college at the time so 100 dollars seemed like a lot.

Also, I detest U2.

Yep. Wish I had today's bankroll for yesterday's expenses....
Thinks about the money spent on Billy Joel at MSG last December... lower bowl center stage...worth it tho

taylor swift.

im so gutted i missed out on getting tickets to the sydney concert.

A Tomorrowland, more for the whole experience rather than music itself

Saw them at Ozzfest at Pine Knob... two of the guys who came with me were some Pantera fanatics (one had CFH shaved in his skull) ...anyway these guys were trying to wave a Pantera flag on the lawn and were too short to make it noticable....

I say something assholish and, because I tower over them and wanted to assert dominance over them by being over 6 foot tall, grab their flag and hold it up with both hands....

Dime sees it, points it out to Phil (we see it on the big screen)..."you! Up there on the lawn...wave that fucking flag high cuz...WE'RE TAKING OVER THIS TOWN!!!"... place goes insane..

Top 3 concert moment, and I wasn't even a huge Pantera fan at the time...after that, I got into it a little more
That's pretty badass!!!

I feel like if I saw them now, I'd feel like I did when I saw Sublime without Bradley. It was cool, but it was not Sublime...

Queen at Live Aid
The Freddy Mercury tribute concert
Prince at any time
Pantera and Metallica in Moscow
Dio with Sabbath/Heaven and Hell at any time
Iron Maiden Rock in Rio
Ozzy with Randy
Bowie with NIN
Johnny Cash at Folsom (not as an inmate)

Just to name a few
Goddamn, I came to post something but this list is about perfect.

Queen at Live Aid
The Freddy Mercury tribute concert
Prince at any time
Pantera and Metallica in Moscow
Dio with Sabbath/Heaven and Hell at any time
Iron Maiden Rock in Rio
Ozzy with Randy
Bowie with NIN
Johnny Cash at Folsom (not as an inmate)

Just to name a few

I saw Dio with Sabbath. Yes, it was incredible.

I think I'm more interested in venues I haven't been to. Plan is to check out James Taylor at Red Rocks this summer when I'm out there visiting my Mom.

I wish I had seen Slayer. I just never got a chance. Rather, I had stuff going in whenever I did have a chance to see them.

Also, anyone who has seen Deftones knows that they can be hit and miss live, depending on how fucked up Chino’s voice is at the time, and how much drugs they were on. I saw them play a pretty bad show and really want to see a good one live.

I wish I had seen 2pac's hologram performing at Coachella

The Cult; I’ve always been a huge fan. They were opening for AC/DC in Atlanta when I was in college in Georgia in the early 90’s. Didn’t have a car, couldn’t find a ride.

Bowie with NIN

I caught this one. Meadowlands, 1995 I believe. In high school, right when I first started dated my wife. I love NIN. I dig Bowie now that I'm older, didn't know him well back then.

Music was great, I made out with my girl all night. What a fucking night.

Nirvana were playing in my country in 1994. I really wanted to go but my parents wouldn't let me, because I had some bad grades. They said "don't worry, there will be plenty of their concerts in the future". Well it turned out that it was their last ever full show. (I think that the next one was cut short because Kurt wasn't feeling well, or something and not long after that, we all know what happened...)

My concert that got away is GNR.
I think it would have been the Use Your Illusion tour.

My biological father got me tickets and my mom wouldn't let me go. I GUESS, I kind of get it, I totally disagree with the decision and I was annoyed as fuck at the time but I am sure my mom was at least trying to do the right thing , even if that was a pretty solid parenting misstep.

Anyway, I didn't go and never got to see the original real GNR lineup and PEAK era performance.

I saw Axl and friends a few times.
Not the same.

I think I'm more interested in venues I haven't been to. Plan is to check out James Taylor at Red Rocks this summer when I'm out there visiting my Mom.
Red Rocks is the best place to see a concert. Even if you don't like the artist I recommend going.

SilverChair

Maybe not the best concert ever but I turned like 8 different opportunities to see them free before anyone knew who they were.

Pendulum DJ set, seen them like 6 times but they always do live sets here.

Pink Floyd was largely before my time, but I got into their music after they were old and hated each other.

I wish I could've been at that Roger Waters concert where David Gilmore shows up at the top of the wall during "comfortably numb"

That had to be the surprise of a lifetime for die hard fans.

Pink Floyd The Wall in Berlin 1990. Did see Roger Waters perform the entire koncert exactly as it was in Berlin though. With the wall, crashing airplane etc.

Before I was born but Chicago live at Tanglewood 1970

Back