Whats your favorite BJ Penn fight?

The first jens pulver fight. He had hype going into it after the caol uno fight but then even in a loss he looked like he had so much potential after a close fight with the champ. Without that loss he would have been a different fighter imo.

When he fought Joe Daddy Stephenson and looked in the crowd at Joe's wife and told her he was sorry but he had to finish Joe off.
He beat the snot out of him Kenny Florian, and Diego Sanchez at that time and beat the living hell out of all of them.

Crazy thing about that was this was during all of their primes. Kenflo, Sanchez, and Stevenson were all on top of their game at the time bj beat them.

I didn't get to see the first Hughes fight live, so for me, it was the Sherk fight. Sherk had only lost twice at that point, both at 170, to much bigger guys in Hughes and GSP, and he had looked very strong and durable in his first two fights at 155. There was a lot of excitement going into that fight, 155 still had the new car smell, and Sherk had been the first LW champ, and had been stripped, with BJ winning the vacant belt while Sherk was on suspension. BJ just blew Sherk out of the water in an amazing performance.

The first Hughes fight was crazy. Matt was about as unstoppable as it gets.

The 1st GSP fight was insane. Great fight, though I scored it 29-28 GSP, as well.

BJ beating the breaks off Sanchez and then getting the eventual finish in round 5 is one of the most complete and flawless fights ever. I only saw the fight once live and I don't remember BJ being in any danger at all during that fight.

That time he refused to choke out Rory because of his bacne.

All time favorite is Sherk because of the finish and the way Penn was waiving him off that he was done.

Diego is a close second for me.

Hughes II

pennhughes1_medium.gif

Not hating but his best fights were all losses - Hughes II, GSP I, Diaz

t3_3uaps3

3.gif
holy shit Bj is so smooth in that Gif.

everyone wants to talk like mma has evolved spool much. Bj had great hands for mma. excellent timing and power, incredible tdd, and his bjj was better than anyones in the top 10 at lw currently.

He was ahead of his time, he would still be imo one of the best lws right now if age hadent caught up with him

The "To the death George!" fight. When he threw the towel like a bitch

Uno the best shape BJ has ever been in, Young Hungry, Motivated.

was never a fan boy because he wasted his potential.

Imagine that a 2 division champ and world BJJ champ wasted potential.

You just know its gonna end sad, ill mourn but ill also wanna say i told you so.

You talking about the second Uno fight? I recall him looking pretty tired at certain points in that fight and Uno wasnt really the highest of caliber of opponent. He was way more conditioned and and motivated against Sanchez who was also better competition than Uno. But the Uno fight was good I agree.

Back