What's Your Happiest MMA Memory?

Serra beating GSP
Cain busting Brock's face open and the ensuing embarrassment
Hendo sneaking out the back and face planting Fedor with a kneeling blind side shot to the chops

When GSP won the belt from Hughes.

GSP obv made a mistake in their first fight, and Hughes never let him forget about it. I'd always liked watching Hughes, but he just came across as a 'bully' after that point. Always putting GSP down and trying to play on his good nature. You could tell GSP was so uncomfortable with it all, I think the highlight being on TUF when they all went out for a meal and Hughes started laughing at GSP about defending an armbar. GSP just sitting there taking it all in, and Matt Serra turning to him and saying something along the lines of,' I hope you beat that guy, he's a dck'. So watching GSP take him out with a beautiful head kick, and GnP, and Hughes not even knowing what he had been hit with in the post fight interview was just as sweet as you can get in MMA.

When he beat Hughes with an armbar in the third fight, that was just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Bendo is just the man. Incredibly humble, gracious, and positive. I know some think he's boring but I love watching his technically brilliant style of fighting. He's also possibly the greatest escape artist in MMA history. Dude has gotten out of some nasty situations

Bendo is one of the most underrated fighters, ever. He would give a lot of current Top LWs big troubles.

I cried like a sister at a wedding when Bisping KO'd Rockhold and won the belt.

bisping-5.jpg

I was happy for DC but nowhere as happy as I'd get by seeing Ronda Rousen and Joanna Jedrzejczyk get served humble pie. .

When Andy Want beat Cody McKenzie by flying gogoplata to win the Pride open weight Grand Prix.

Seeing fat DC sit on top of the octagon with 2 belts was absolutely fucking glorious

I was happiest when Bravo TV started showing UFC events in the UK...for free.
Because I'm a tight fisted Yorkshire tyke.
Chuck taking apart Tito and Randy from that period was great.
More recently Bisping KO'ing Rockhold was grand stuff.

Shogun putting an end to "the Machida era"

If you take polls, or look into real world opinion, the vast majority were not happy that Conor lost, and were actually happy when Conor outclassed Nate in the rematch

So 'outclassed' is now code for barely gifted a majority decision from the judges?"

Diaz vs McGoob 1
Cain vs Brock
Liddell vs Ortiz 1
Silva vs Sonnen 1

Ronda gettin KTFO was glorious

Nogueira beating Sapp
Newton beating Miletich
Nogueira beating Sylvia
Nogueira beating Schuab
Wand beating Stann

St-Pierre jabbing Koschek's face into oblivion.

Back