What's your next purchase? v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all tax deductible for me too. lol perks of the job. Plus I can hustle just about anything. My wife let's me do what I want with the money. I'm cheap and she knows that. I make all the damn cheddah I better get to spend it.

How in the name of hell can you write off AR accessories?

We clearly have different definitions of "that much." A legit PEQ is over 2 grand, but if you've got the scratch then by all means. My wife damn near took my head off for getting a Kimber. I can't imagine the hell she'd raise if I brought up that AR setup. Haha.

I hear ya on that, every gun I have gotten has resulted in a fight with the old lady. That being said I have 11 guns and we are still together. Must not be that big of a deal.

You really think it won't be put into effect jericksen5?

No, it won't. They don't have nearly enough votes to come close to passing another AWB. The politicians pushing it don't even believe it could pass. But they have to make it look like they tried, for their pro gun control base that helped to vote them in.

CZ is coming out with the P09 in .40 cal. I know its not a .45 like you want but might be worth checking out.

Other than that maybe a S&W MP45

I've seen a fair amount of rust on the slides of used M&Ps.

Looked at an M&P40 last week with rust spots, and then again yesterday I found a 9mm M&P in a pawn shop for $600 (yeah, right) with a few spots of rust on the slide.

No, it won't. They don't have nearly enough votes to come close to passing another AWB. The politicians pushing it don't even believe it could pass. But they have to make it look like they tried, for their pro gun control base that helped to vote them in.

There are a few who want it bad, but I agree that I think the democrats in congress and President Obama are pandering to the anti-gun base within their party.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a moratorium on high capacity magazines, but there'll be plenty of pre-ban mags floating around for years.

There are a few who want it bad, but I agree that I think the democrats in congress and President Obama are pandering to the anti-gun base within their party.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a moratorium on high capacity magazines, but there'll be plenty of pre-ban mags floating around for years.

I'm just hoping this bubble pops soon so I can buy a glock at a normal price this year.

I'm just hoping this bubble pops soon so I can buy a glock at a normal price this year.

I hear ya on the bubble popping. Once congress does whatever it is going to do, this craziness will die down. Hopefully there will be some REAL deals once demand disintegrates and not a permanent price increase masked by a circumstantial and temporary spike in demand.

There are deals out there. I just bought a used Glock 23-gen 4 for $400 from a Cabela's gun library.

I hear ya on the bubble popping. Once congress does whatever it is going to do, this craziness will die down. Hopefully there will be some REAL deals once demand disintegrates and not a permanent price increase masked by a circumstantial and temporary spike in demand.

There are deals out there. I just bought a used Glock 23-gen 4 for $400 from a Cabela's gun library.

I'd like to buy a gen 3 or 4 glock 19. Or maybe the new glock 30s that was at the shot show.

Most cops and military guys I know write off ammo, equipment, training courses, etc. I think as a cop you can write off roughly a handgun, rifle and shotgun a year. I can also write off all my range time, ammo and any training courses I can show correlate to my job.

I need to buy some new toys but stock is so picked over and overpriced it is crazy.

I'm military. Training items directly related to my job. I've never tried it before, but it's worth a shot.

I'm active duty as well, but I doubt you could write it off if you buy items that are issued (I know I was definitely issued all the gear you listed). Hell, I could be wrong though so it's worth a shot.

BP what case is that? Where from & how much?

Nice way to eliminate an extra bag.

Edit: NVM found it in the other thread. Thanks.

I was going to suggest a P220 but you said you already had a Sig. What about a 1911? 8 rounds may not seem like much, hell the 10 round extended mags aren't that much either but aside from the P220 I haven't shot a .45 gun that i like as much as a nice 1911.

Got the 220 and two 1911s. I'll probably either get the HK or another Glock.

Got the 220 and two 1911s. I'll probably either get the HK or another Glock.

What a about the Ruger SR45.

317950_482264315149031_1966096501_n.jpg

Brownells comes through for me. I ordered a lower way back in mid-December and they just shipped it. No price gouging and I wasn't charged until it shipped. Now I guess I need to find an upper somewhere.

Too small for uniformed duty.

The HK is tits, but I can have two G21's or a 21 & an XD/XDm.

Have you tried the FNP-45? Ive never shot any of the FN handguns, but I find myself asking to see one every time im at a gun shop. I have always been curious about them, but have been waiting to run across an owner who will let me shoot theirs. They feel great, like a well built glock, but with a 1911 grip angle. Feel like very solid pistols. Very heavy triggers though, dry firing it felt much heavier and longer than a glock.

Have you tried the FNP-45? Ive never shot any of the FN handguns, but I find myself asking to see one every time im at a gun shop. I have always been curious about them, but have been waiting to run across an owner who will let me shoot theirs. They feel great, like a well built glock, but with a 1911 grip angle. Feel like very solid pistols. Very heavy triggers though, dry firing it felt much heavier and longer than a glock.

Was that the DA or single action trigger pull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back