When did you start watching UFC?

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
When did you guys tune in the UFC fpr the first time?

I remember being a kid, born in the Dominican Republic. My brother got jailbroken satellite cable for the house and as a big fan of the WCW and WWF i was so happy when i came across my first UFC event.

I mustve started watching somewhere between UFC30 and UFC40.

Obviously as a kid i didnt like more than WCW or WWF but it was something cool to watch as wrestling wasnt always on.

I remember they also had, backyard wrestling as a PPV event. That was crazy as hell too.

2chs6ir.jpg

Knew of it from the 90s, looked like trash, so I didn't watch. Then the Ultimate Fighter happened in 2005. Been watching since.

However, I did watch a little Pancrase around 2002-2004

Watching Fedor vs hong man Choi.

I was just graduating from middle school lol

Haven't watched yet, but I'm thinking of starting this year.

UFC 1-3 (as well as Vale Tudo) on VHS in the late 90's

ufc-3-the-american-dream-poster.jpg

When did you guys tune in the UFC fpr the first time?

I remember being a kid, born in the Dominican Republic. My brother got jailbroken satellite cable for the house and as a big fan of the WCW and WWF i was so happy when i came across my first UFC event.

I mustve started watching somewhere between UFC30 and UFC40.

Obviously as a kid i didnt like more than WCW or WWF but it was something cool to watch as wrestling wasnt always on.

I remember they also had, backyard wrestling as a PPV event. That was crazy as hell too.

Probably early 1994. Used to rent VHS tapes from Blockbuster.

Updated: See convo with DirtyCop below. 95 ish, probably. 47 yo memory not as a good as it used to be.

Last edited:
On and off starting in like 2009-2010, got back into it seriously with Cruz dillashaw a couple years ago

Weird question to ask on sherdog... Everyone here has watched since UFC 1 bro

I know it's cliche but I saw UFC 1. I dont think its unreasonable for someone who is at least 40 years old to have seen UFC 1. It was being advertised all over cable tv. As martial arts fans, me and my dad had to order it.

The good Axe Murderer days, when Pride was over, i switched to UFC.

1997. but didn't start watching regularly until 2005-6. then I started watching every card

Weird question to ask on sherdog... Everyone here has watched since UFC 1 bro

Not me hahah, only just a young lad wasn't around when it first started. Only got into MMA when i was about 10 as I did Korean martial arts so been a fan of MMA for around 8 years

Back