Movies Where do you rank Steven Spielberg among the greatest film directors?

Where do you rank him?

• Total voters
There was a time that the name Spielberg was up there with the brand Sony, interms of quality.

#2 behind Scorsese.

He's probably the best

It's between him or Scorsese for most people but I prefer Coppola and Tarantino because they write films then direct them.

1. Jaws
2. Schindler's
3. Raiders
4. Jurassic
5. ET
6. Saving Ryan
7. Temple
8. Catch me if you can
9. Minority report
10. Hook

Anything after catch me if you can is a pass for me. I'll take these 10 only and you can keep the rest.

I appreciate what he’s done but most of his movies doesn’t interest me.

Raiders of the lost ark is probably my favorite.

Top 5

Would be GOAT if he had made Bloodsport , Over the Top or Rambo... ;)

She said Michael bay is like Napoleon, and he wants to create this insane, infamous madman reputation. He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is. So he’s a nightmare to work for, but when you get him away from set, and he’s not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he’s so awkward, so hopelessly awkward. He has no social skills at all. And it’s endearing to watch him.”

Poor little man spielberg dont like the word hitler so he had her fired. Certain people just cant handle shit the same people had Gina Carano blacklisted and her comments werent bad either.
I’d rather be compared to Hitler than be a man who has a hot woman saying you’re hopelessly awkward with no social skills lmao.

One of the best ever. That being said, I don't think he's made a truly great movie in YEARS.

If you really want to make a case for Speilberg being #1 you basically have to ignore every foreign director and every director before 1975.

Speilberg himself acknowledges how influential (better) directors like Bergman and Kurosawa were to him. I’d take Kubrick over him too.

You certainly could argue Speilberg is top 5 based on his large body of consistently good films in a range of styles.

Coppola, Fellini, Hitchcock, and Scorsese might disagree though.

Dude is the GOAT. Sure, he's got some misses, but when he hits, he fuckin' HITS. His best movies literally defined genres.

What's the first dino movie that comes to mind? Jurassic Park
What's the first ocean perils movie that comes to mind? Jaws
What's the first friendly alien movie that comes to mind? ET
What's the first D-day movie that comes to mind? Saving Private Ryan

No other director has been as influential in such a wide range of genres as Spielberg.

I’d rather be compared to Hitler than be a man who has a hot woman saying you’re hopelessly awkward with no social skills lmao.
She was hot wasnt she lol. What you been up to red?

Top 5 in talent imo. #1 tho in terms of resume. Dude gets his hands in everything . He's connected to so many movies even ones you would never guess n have no idea. He is definitely most powerful man is the industry.

I prefer QT, Scorsese, Nolan, Fincher, etc but noine csn Match Spielbergs resume .

mount_rushmore_1050x700.jpg

I rank him second behind the GOAT...

tarantinogif.gif

Back