Which fighter got you into the sport? And why?

dannymarco

White Belt
Reaction score
Whose nutz were your first home? :D

2949519487_16e50ae271.jpg

Royce Gracie - UFC 2

I just randomly watched UFC one day with a few friends at a restaurant, and instantly fell inlove with it and never missed a card since.

lyoto machida even before his ufc days, I train in shotokan and some people were talking about him, so I gave it a look

Watched VHS of the first UFCs when they first became available at blockbuster. Didn't became a huge fan til I saw video of Frank Shamrock do this to Zinoviev.

3160ruv.gif

Fedor on that day he merked Herring.

was a boxing fan so when mma started to bubble naturally i paid attention. id say once i became a legitimate fan i did my research and fedor was the first guy i actually spent time looking at.

as far as the OP........ signature

I hate to admit it, but TUF 10 was what really got me into UFC seriously. Started watching it to see what would happen with Kimbo and how bad he would get whooped. Kept watching every event from there.

Rampage in pride, saw the slam and knew I was missing out on something good

fedor - because of his demeanor
sakuraba - because of how entertaining he was and his skill set
imanari - because of his crazy good submissions and his odd personality

the first fight i think i remember hearing about was frye-shamrock. my older brother told me about it, and then i saw some old replays of royce and ken, and then the tuf show appeared on spike. all of these things helped me become an mma fan, but watching fedor and saku fight are what got me hooked. from there i went and watched as many older events as possible

Back