Which fighters are the most intentionally violent?

Jon cranking Glovers arm was one of the coolest,real life moves/ tactics I have seen.People call that dirty....??? in a sport where u are allowed to elbow someone's eye socket repeatedly, while their head is pressed against the cage on the ground??

Jon cranking Glovers arm was one of the coolest,real life moves/ tactics I have seen.People call that dirty....??? in a sport where u are allowed to elbow someone's eye socket repeatedly, while their head is pressed against the cage on the ground??
People don't like that in theory they feel that it's like a submission hold that you can't Tap to. It's like when Aoki will just break the arm without giving an opportunity to tap. It's legal but considered very poor form.

Also there's so many reasons to hate Jones,that they add that to the list,but I didnt personally have a problem with it,and I dont like him either.

I don't think what Jones did is as bad as Aoki but it's reviled for similar reasons. Sakuraba doesn't really get flack for doing it to renzo but he might not have meant to break it outright but that it happened in the struggle anyway.

I personally wouldn't want to break a bone without opp to tap. That's just bad juju.

Last edited:
his shoulder crank against Glober comes to mind. He must’ve known that it wouldn’t be a fight ender. So why do it? And what even made him think of doing it? And why don’t other fighters do it? Jones straight up shoulder cranked Glober to try and injure that arm. Why? Take away that punching power.
Holly Holm did it to Ronda - must be a winklejohn thing.

Petr Yan seems like he is a psycho. Like if not for fighting he'd be in cruising small towns in russia with his friends killing people with a hammer.

Ngannou throwing kill shots on already kod opponents deserves a shout
Thats what he's trained to do.

If the guy falls make sure he dont get up again. You drill that over and over,its hard to stop yourself.

Holly Holm did it to Ronda - must be a winklejohn thing.

Petr Yan seems like he is a psycho. Like if not for fighting he'd be in cruising small towns in russia with his friends killing people with a hammer.
I wouldnt go that far,but he def does enjoy inflicting pain on guys who are fighting him,which is a good thing for this profession. It turns some people off to him,but I dont know what these people think they are watching?

He's come to the exact right place.

Didn’t Gordeau partially blind a fighter with eye-gouges in a losing effort?

Also, Mark Kerr shoved his chin into Dan Bobish’s eye to draw a tap out…
Those dutch guys Gordeau and Dirty Bob will literally do anything to win,they look at these as if they are bar fights to the death cos thats probably their background. They come up in the NHB era which was basically the Wild West anyways

giphy.gif
Thiago Silva was the first fighter that popped in my head when I read the thread title. Just a genuinely mean motherfucker. It's probably a big reason he had whatever success he had.

Thiago Silva was the first fighter that popped in my head when I read the thread title. Just a genuinely mean motherfucker. It's probably a big reason he had whatever success he had.
Well I didnt find that he fought like an especially sadistic guy. Just an avg fighter. But..he def has a great look. He could get alot of roles as thug # 3 in movies

Mir with snapping limbs should get an honorable mention.

But really every fighter is intentionally violent.
He's a good example he broke the unwritten rule of not immediately going full force on a submission without first giving the opponent the chance to submit.

I wouldnt go that far,but he def does enjoy inflicting pain on guys who are fighting him,which is a good thing for this profession. It turns some people off to him,but I dont know what these people think they are watching?

He's come to the exact right place.
I stand by my statement - if not for fighting he'd be murdering random people in russia. That intentional knee against sterling was fucked up (I'm of the opinion Sterling played it up - saw an even worse knee on the usman vs edwards undercard; the guy took a short break then went right back at it).

That said - prime Aldo would have pushed his shit in. A 4-5yer past his prime Aldo was pretty much even going into the fifth and lost because of conditioning.

I'm really hoping he brings his most violent and psychotic self into the o'malley fight. I rarely want to see guys get punished but i'm really hoping Yan puts it on o'malley bad and hurts him.

He's a good example he broke the unwritten rule of not immediately going full force on a submission without first giving the opponent the chance to submit.
Its bad JuJu!

Remember when that guy on TUF tried to play games with him?

lol literally the worst guy to pull that shit with.
What I really remember was how all the other fighters in the house reacted, they were like "Woah dude, that's a terrible idea, Matt Brown is fucking crazy"
I thought it was funny how everyone seemed to agree that he was scary

Reactions: HHJ
What I really remember was how all the other fighters in the house reacted, they were like "Woah dude, that's a terrible idea, Matt Brown is fucking crazy"
I thought it was funny how everyone seemed to agree that he was scary
Yeah,like they talked to the dude like "man it was nice knowin ya!"

They didnt call him Matt neither

He was MATT BROWN (( shudder ))

ahahahah

I stand by my statement - if not for fighting he'd be murdering random people in russia. That intentional knee against sterling was fucked up (I'm of the opinion Sterling played it up - saw an even worse knee on the usman vs edwards undercard; the guy took a short break then went right back at it).

That said - prime Aldo would have pushed his shit in. A 4-5yer past his prime Aldo was pretty much even going into the fifth and lost because of conditioning.

I'm really hoping he brings his most violent and psychotic self into the o'malley fight. I rarely want to see guys get punished but i'm really hoping Yan puts it on o'malley bad and hurts him.
I like Yan's viciousness on display. I like that he is so controlled with it though (other than the knee thing)

Like when he fought Faber and Faber tried to escape from the ground,and he turned his back and ran from Yan,and Yan fuckin mortal kombat leg swept him. You gotta be Evil to do that.

Well I didnt find that he fought like an especially sadistic guy. Just an avg fighter. But..he def has a great look. He could get alot of roles as thug # 3 in movies
Maybe he just looked extra mean and that's why I remember him like that. Seemed like he really enjoyed hurting people; but then again, who wouldn't?

Maybe he just looked extra mean and that's why I remember him like that. Seemed like he really enjoyed hurting people; but then again, who wouldn't?
He def does look intimidating.

I maintain that the straight kick to the knee started and continued because of the Keith Jardine vs. Brandon Vera fight. It was an accidental attack, but Greg Jackson was in one of their corners.

I suspect Greg Jackson started drilling that technique with his favorite pupils the following Monday.
No because no one else from Jackson-Wink does it. Jones most likely saw it from Bruce Lee during his Look-See-Do training days. Those aren't Jackson-Wink moves, just like the spinning elbow he throws from clinch and fake take down attempts aren't Jackson-Wink moves. Those are from Jones creative days.

Back