Which of these fighters with current 10+ win streaks has the best chance to beat Silva's record?

Which of these fighters with current 10+ win streaks has the best chance to beat Silva's record?

• Total voters
Volk looks unstoppable at the top of FW right now. Well rounded and just knocked off his biggest rival. The other contenders haven’t really shown they’ve got the chops to take the belt from him. If Volk keeps going the way he is I could see him being an all time great.

Volk has the best shot he’s in his prime and clearly better than everyone else at FW if he moves up he might lose doe

I don't care about "UFC only" records--it's not he be-all-end-all of MMA.

Usman's win streak has ended at 15, which of these fighters do you think could tie or beat Anderson Silva's record of 16?

I think Volkanovski would have a good shot to tie or beat the record if he stays at 145 but if he goes to 155 though he's going to lose very soon.

Also no contests / draws don't break win streaks as far as the UFC stats are concerned.

View attachment 938968

http://statleaders.ufc.com/
It sure does. JJ is actually 17-1-0 since his DQ. So it seems the NC breaks the streak since it stopped at 13 before his NC.

Even if he beats Islam, Charles’ chin is going to fail him in the near future.
well.... who is a powerful KO guy that he has yet to face?
Exactly.
So while I do agree that taking those shots cannot be good for his health, IMHO he already faced all the hardest punchers in the division.

Even if he beats Islam, Charles’ chin is going to fail him in the near future.
I've been a fan of Charles for awhile, but I think it's only a matter of time before he get's sent to Bolivia in the first round.

If Volkanovski stays at FW, he absolutely will do it. I don't think he can do it at LW or that anyone else will come close for a very long time.

I have some doubts he beats Evloev or Topuria, who will be contending for the belt before Volk reaches 15 defenses. They're just bigger, physical, athletic and young....a lot of upside. If he just beats up Yair/Emmett types then sure he could get to 16-17.

That being said I pick Volk and Islam as of now.

Valentina is at 9 right now but I'd say she has as good a chance as anyone

Keep in mind Anderson also took fights at LHW during that streak. Frankly, none of these playbois are on his level.

<{silvanormal}>

Tbf Volk's debut was at 155, not a particularly tough opponent, but neither was James Irvin. I think he'll fight again at 155 soon, so we'll see.

Jones is currently at 4 so he's not going to do it. If the NC didn't break the streak then he already would have broken the record with 17 so since Anderson still has the record then it clearly does break the streak.

18037-df9cc41c89f59d55d99a039ff7aa2c40.jpg

STILL trying to catch the Spider

njez9nw.gif

Volk has the best chance, but only because he’s fighting the worst competition. If any of the other three did it, it would be very impressive. Especially is Jones did it. He would easily be the greatest of all time.

Back