Which victory of GSP was the most impressive?

Which victory of GSP was the most impressive?

• Total voters
I'll say Sherk, that was incredible performance, I was shocked the way he dominated and finished him. People forget a lot but Sherk was an amazing fighter and had a great record and I never saw anyone handle him like that. He was so strong and skilled. I was expecting that fight to be a toss up, I wasn't sure who would win but I was thinking we may get a split decision type of fight. I was so wrong

tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso4_250.gifv

tumblr_oyyac9F2Zw1u2ragso5_250.gifv

Feel free to suggest fights.

I'm going to say Matt Hughes 2

GSP was so technical, so versatile and so athletic back in his prime. His ability to close the distance in a split second is remarkable and it made Hughes uncomfortable and unable to execute his game plan. GSP is definitely the top WW of all-time. No one even comes close.

GSP was so technical, so versatile and so athletic back in his prime. His ability to close the distance in a split second is remarkable and it made Hughes uncomfortable and unable to execute his game plan. GSP is definitely the top WW of all-time. No one even comes close.
I consider that fight to be a changing of the guard, GSP was a true Mixed Martial Artist in the purest form, Hughes was a very good champ, but had shit standup

Lots of great wins, but I went with Fitch.
From 2003-2010, a 7 year stretch, Fitch went 21-1, just an amazing run. GSP was Fitch’s lone loss, and it was an absolutely dominant one. GSP annihilated him standing, and took him down 7/9 times.

Lots of great wins, but I went with Fitch.
From 2003-2010, a 7 year stretch, Fitch went 21-1, just an amazing run. GSP was Fitch’s lone loss, and it was an absolutely dominant one. GSP annihilated him standing, and took him down 7/9 times.
I think you make a good case but I pick Hughes 2 anyway. When you take into account the context--he had lost to Hughes and said he was scared at the start of that fight--you can't help but admire the way he handled that. He came back and dominated the rematch from the opening bell. And Hughes was on a pretty good run of his own as champion, wasn't he?

I think you make a good case but I pick Hughes 2 anyway. When you take into account the context--he had lost to Hughes and said he was scared at the start of that fight--you can't help but admire the way he handled that. He came back and dominated the rematch from the opening bell. And Hughes was on a pretty good run of his own as champion, wasn't he?
Hughes definitely was: a 6 fight win streak that included GSP, Royce, Trigg, and BJ Penn. Considering that Hughes was considered WW GOAT at the time and GSP lost to him the first time, I think beating Hughes was epic and a fine choice for the poll.

i picked hughes 2,

however the carlos condit fight should be up there as his recovery ability in this fight after gettitng head kicked was impressive. it completed his development as a 'fighter' as he could be hurt bad but come back to win. something he wasnt able to do in the past.

For me, it's Koscheck 2. Pure domination on the feet. Did whatever he wanted to in that fight, Fitch is prob a close second for me.

Back