Which victory of Jon Jones was the most impressive?

Which victory of Jon Jones was the most impressive?

• Total voters
Amazing thread my friend
Hard to pick

Gotta go with Shogun. Beat the absolute piss out of a Pride legend, making him tap to strikes and then becoming the youngest champ in history

I know DC 2 turned into a NC, but that was pretty brutal stuff. This would have been my top pick given the caliber of opponent. No body apart from Jones has beaten DC before, let alone finishing
jon-jones-daniel-cormier.gif

Him choking Machida is also one of my favorites

lyoto.gif

Jones finishing Vera was another insane and vicious finish. Although not as high of a caliber opponent as most the other fighters listed
(timestamped)

Last edited:
I mean the Shogun beatdown is one of the most impressive victories in the history of the sport, let alone by a 23-year-old who'd just fought RYAN BADER a month before.

From every angle the Shogun fight stands above the rest, from the frightening display of skill, the utter savagery of the beating, becoming the youngest champion, destroying a famous legend who wasn't even 30 years old, and doing it all without having even 2 months to train and prepare.

I don't believe Jones had even been doing MMA for 4 calendar years when he won the title, we have never seen anything like that before or since.

Last edited:
I mean the Shogun beatdown is one of the most impressive victories in the history of the sport, let alone by a 23-year-old who'd just fought RYAN BADER a month before.

From every angle the Shogun fight stands above the rest, from the frightening display of skill, the utter savagery of the beating, becoming the youngest champion, destroying a famous legend who wasn't even 30 years old, and doing it all without having even 2 months to train and prepare.

I don't believe Jones had even been doing MMA for 4 calendar years when he won the title, we have never seen anything like that before or since.
It was spectacular. It was actually not even 3 years since his MMA debut.

And right after beating Shogun, he he beats, rampage jackson, machida, evans and belfort (all champions) in like a 1.5 year period.

Don't think we will see a fighter go on that sort of run in such a young age for a very long time

I think his most impressive victory [no contest], was his KO of a prime Daniel Cormier in they're 2nd fight. I know it was ruled a no contest, but nobody had stopped DC before, at that time, and Jones destroyed him. It was impressive! Also, him choking out Machida, and dropping him like a sack of potatoes, was pretty cool. Then there was stopping the legendary Shogun with strikes. Shogun tapped to strikes! When is the last time someone of his stature did that? Those are 3 MMA legends, that Jones destroyed. No excuses, he beat 3 great fighters convincingly....impressive.

Machida or Evans fight made him the GOAT IMO. Shogun had nothing for Jones. Machida and Evans did. Evans hit Jones with this beautiful KO kick and he shrugged it off so well the audience didn't notice and no one ever talks about it.

I think his most impressive victory [no contest], was his KO of a prime Daniel Cormier in they're 2nd fight. I know it was ruled a no contest, but nobody had stopped DC before, at that time, and Jones destroyed him. It was impressive! Also, him choking out Machida, and dropping him like a sack of potatoes, was pretty cool. Then there was stopping the legendary Shogun with strikes. Shogun tapped to strikes! When is the last time someone of his stature did that? Those are 3 MMA legends, that Jones destroyed. No excuses, he beat 3 great fighters convincingly....impressive.
How is it impressive when Jones was juiced to the gills. Wtf

Back