Which victory of GSP was the most impressive?

Which victory of GSP was the most impressive?

• Total voters
I was never a fan of GSP but his win against Bisping was beautiful

GSP vs Thiago Alves. I knew it would be an unpopular choice but sad to see the win hasn't aged the best.

At the time though UFC 100 was huge partly because of this fight and GSP looked top notch. I just think of GSP prime physique skill and athletic ability I think of this fight.

A past prime, post torn ACL GSP at the end of his career getting the close decision win against prime pre USADA Hendricks was impressive. That short lived version of Hendricks is a top 2-3 talent all time at WW, and would favor him against a prime Usman.

Last edited:
Fitch - he completely dominated that fight with explosive striking. Fitch kept getting up somehow, but that only highlighted how impressive GSP was that night bc GSP continued to tee off on him.

GSP vs Thiago Alves. I knew it would be an unpopular choice but sad to see the win hasn't aged the best.

At the time though UFC 100 was huge partly because of this fight and GSP looked top notch. I just think of GSP prime physique skill and athletic ability I think of this fight.
I don't disagree that he was in top form. Consequently, Alves had absolutely nothing for him at all. To me, his most impressive fights were where he overcame the most impressive challenges.

Consider, in no particular order,
Josh "I've been wrestling since I've been four years old" Koscheck
Jon "16 fight win streak" Fitch
Defending Champion Matt Hughes
BJ "His guard is notoriously hard to pass" Penn

I don't begrudge you your opinion, but to me Alves was one of his least memorable fights.

Last edited:
Lots of great wins, but I went with Fitch.
From 2003-2010, a 7 year stretch, Fitch went 21-1, just an amazing run. GSP was Fitch’s lone loss, and it was an absolutely dominant one. GSP annihilated him standing, and took him down 7/9 times.
Gotta go with Fitch as well.

Honestly with the beating he put on Fitch in that fight it was surprising to see him still standing.

georges-stpierre_jon-fitch.gif

Most of GSP's title fights were pretty boring but that one was straight domination for 5 rounds. Almost gassing himself out from beating up fitch. Definitely his most fun title fight.

Penn 2 was hyped a great deal. The first fight was very competitive. The second, GSP completely and utterly dominated.

I went with Hughes II because of the context. but @BFoe made a pretty compelling case for Fitch...at the end of the day as good of a run fitch was on when he ran into GSP, GSP was supposed to win that fight.

Probably Fitch for me aswell. Before Serra got his Golden Ticket TS (credit to him tho)most agreed Fitch was the #1 contender and some even thought his grappling might slow GSP down a bit.

GSP dominated him on the feet and made Fitch’s grappling none existent.

AND keep in mind, Fitch won another 5 straight after that (6 if he got the BJ Penn nod, which I thought he did)

Penn 2 was hyped a great deal. The first fight was very competitive. The second, GSP completely and utterly dominated.
I think it was only competitive because of the eye poke GSP received.

I went with Hughes 2. After Hughes was a dominant champ and he'd already beaten GSP once.

GSP came back and walked through him.

Everyone wants to see the champ face a streaking young killer, see if they still got it, step up Thiago Alves.

Got to go with Fitch. They were clearly the two top WW's in the UFC, but Fitch looked like he didn't belong in a title fight. That was a one-sided ass whooping.

The shellacking he put on Fitch was pretty impressive.

A past prime, post torn ACL GSP at the end of his career getting the close decision win against prime pre USADA Hendricks was impressive. That short lived version of Hendricks is a top 2-3 talent all time at WW, and would favor him against a prime Usman.

It's up there now.

That fight is up there now.

Josh Koshceck going into the first fight:
"George can't wrestle with me"

After the fight:
Josh Koscheck: Definitely Georges won that fight. Based on the current rules in mixed martial arts he did more to win that decision. However, he didn’t cause any damage while he was controlling me. There were no marks on me after that fight except for a small knot on side of my head from an elbow and that was it. But that’s life, you know? It’s part of the game. As soon as I got out of the Octagon I told Dana White and Joe Silva that I wanted to get back as soon as possible. I said I’d fight next week if I could.

Rematch is booked
Josh Koscheck:
"George can't box with me"

iu

After the fight:
Too much damage to get on a flight, has to stay in Montreal.

Back