White QB privilege in NFL - New Article

OT

I am from Europe but I love to watch some football from time to time. While I understand the rules, player positions and they roles, I am unfamilliar with the tactics and more advanced stuff.

If I understood corectlly, he had an open WR but he gave the ball to his RB that was already being tackled?

Please be gentle and don't attack me cause of my (possible) ignorance...

Also, IIRC, Tebow was also critised for his lack of tactical finesse. Maybe I am wrong but I don't remember the outrage when he didn't get a chance at NFL football after being sacked by NJ Jets

Correct. A better QB would have been able to recognize that the WR was left open and audibled (changed the play).

He is not the worst QB the league has ever seen, but he is not some messiah that is being persecuted only because of his views.

OT

I am from Europe but I love to watch some football from time to time. While I understand the rules, player positions and their roles, I am unfamilliar with the tactics and more advanced stuff.

If I understood corectlly, he had an open WR but he gave the ball to his RB that was already being tackled?

Please be gentle and don't attack me cause of my (possible) ignorance...

Also, IIRC, Tebow was also critised for his lack of tactical finesse. Maybe I am wrong but I don't remember the outrage when he didn't get a chance at NFL football after he got sacked by NJ Jets
He had a WR completely UNCOVERED and instead of changing the play at the line of scrimmage and taking advantage of that he either ignored the receiver and tried to run the play that was called (the run) or didn’t have the awareness to even see the open man.

Tebow wasn’t a good QB for te same reasons as Kaepernick. Poor vision, his throwing motion was exceedingly long from start to when the ball came out (as a point of reference Brady and Rodgers two of the best can get the ball out in like a quarter to half a second. Tebow was like twice that I think) plus Tebow had a media circus everywhere he went.

There was outrage with Tebow but it was more directed at him for the praying and for him not being willing to change positions. If he had say become a fullback or maybe a TE I feel like he’d still be in the league in some capacity honestly.

Such bullsquat

White qb's are smart blacks are dumb

Please you are as bad as the op article
I'm basing this off of what I've observed over a number of years of watching the NFL and studying statistics. You also mischaracterized my position. I already said that Colin Kaepernick is intelligent and has a higher Wonderlic score than Tom Brady. I pointed out that Kap chooses to focus on other stuff, while Brady is dialed in and maximizes his potential. I stand behind everything I've said and both the eye test as well as advanced statistics back me up on that.

Well that's because they are simply more athletic in those positions. QB is the least athletic position in the league besides the kickers lol.

it requires more than just being a good physical athlete to make it at that level. 90% of it is mental when it comes to qb play. kap just couldnt cut it and got benched and then walked away from millions of dollars. now he wants to cry about it, fuck em he had his shot maybe if he wasent so greedy and took what he was worth he might have had a chance to prove himself. but he didnt.

it requires more than just being a good physical athlete to make it at that level. 90% of it is mental when it comes to qb play. kap just couldnt cut it and got benched and then walked away from millions of dollars. now he wants to cry about it, fuck em he had his shot maybe if he wasent so greedy and took what he was worth he might have had a chance to prove himself. but he didnt.

Umm its a lot to do with being physical at the pro level.

The main thing physically is height because it allows you to see above the line and downfield as a pocket passer. Tom Brady at 6'4", 225 lbs is the prototypical NFL QB. But other than that, his Combine numbers were absolute shit. Which is why he dropped to the 6th round. And if he had been 5'10" with the exact same characteristics, he wouldn't have even been drafted and probably would have never been given a chance in the NFL.

c86a0285763628f4f09312b48bf7f0d2_crop_north.jpg

Totally. With a QB a ton is height, arm strength, and smarts. I you're short like Wilson is when the athleticism becomes a huge bonus.

Kaep had the athleticism but his football IQ just isn't there and he seems to be blind and can't see when guys are completely uncovered and has zero touch on his throws, especially the last season he played.

The main thing physically is height because it allows you to see above the line and downfield as a pocket passer. Tom Brady at 6'4", 225 lbs is the prototypical NFL QB. But other than that, his Combine numbers were absolute shit. Which is why he dropped to the 6th round. And if he had been 5'10" with the exact same characteristics, he wouldn't have even been drafted and probably would have never been given a chance in the NFL.

I said that QB physically is one of the easiest positions when it comes to being Athletic.

While I don't agree with the article I have always wondered why guys like Vince Young, Robert Griffin, Colin Kaepernik are not given another chance.

I tend to believe that due to the competitive nature of pro football teams usually start the best QB. He could be green, if he can throw TD's they would start him
Teams use the players that they believe give them the best chance to win. It's as simple as that. This racist shit out of control.

"Where was my White QB privilege?????" - Tim Tebow...

AA qb's certainly have a shorter leash as most owners would prefer a white qb to represent their franchise. Thats just a fact.

Colin Kaepernick is the prime example. He is a top 5 qb and doesnt even have a job. If he were a little lighter and a better company man he would be a star and doing commercials for fancy watches

Mr. Anciano, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"Where was my White QB privilege?????" - Tim Tebow...

Yeah plenty of opposite examples.

E.g. Tom Savage got benched immediately for Watson in Houston this year.

c86a0285763628f4f09312b48bf7f0d2_crop_north.jpg

Totally. With a QB a ton is height, arm strength, and smarts. I you're short like Wilson is when the athleticism becomes a huge bonus.

Kaep had the athleticism but his football IQ just isn't there and he seems to be blind and can't see when guys are completely uncovered and has zero touch on his throws, especially the last season he played.

I think that this can't be the benchmark for rating him. He plays well in a system designed to meet his strengths. The 49ers had a better than average offense with him at the helm and one of the things that was good about him with the defense they had was he rarely threw interceptions. You can't look at one bad play without looking too at the things he did that other QBs couldn't. He is better than average or maybe average. People are forgetting how bad QB talent is as you move down the depth chart. It is wretched by the time you get to third string. Colin should in the least be a backup someplace. He plays well enough to not blow the game.

I think that this can't be the benchmark for rating him. He plays well in a system designed to meet his strengths. The 49ers had a better than average offense with him at the helm and one of the things that was good about him with the defense they had was he rarely threw interceptions. You can't look at one bad play without looking too at the things he did that other QBs couldn't. He is better than average or maybe average. People are forgetting how bad QB talent is as you move down the depth chart. It is wretched by the time you get to third string. Colin should in the least be a backup someplace. He plays well enough to not blow the game.
He should be a backup but he wants starter level pay is my understanding. No team is going to do that AND deal with the media crapshoot that will follow him everywhere.

This isn't even worth reading or talking about. Idk about Tyrod, but nobody wants Kaep because he's a pain in the ass in a game that relies on chemistry and team.

But that Brady photo is the GOAT pic, period. Mind over matter, kids. Mind over matter.

Last year 49ers were 32nd in passing which is dead last for the league

While I don't agree with the article I have always wondered why guys like Vince Young, Robert Griffin, Colin Kaepernik are not given another chance.

I tend to believe that due to the competitive nature of pro football teams usually start the best QB. He could be green, if he can throw TD's they would start him

Do you watch football? Vince Young was dumb as a box of nails, Robert Griffin was injury prone the guy is fragile, and gung ho he likes contact which made him a liability, and CK is just an attention whore he is similar to the Goth white girl from the rich family trying to be a non conformist, he never grew up in the hood like me he grew up privileged and has no clue who his black father was and other paranoid blacks who were brainwashed by watching TV and reading headlines promoted to divide for votes support him because they live vicariously through him like narcissists, its the same thing going on with the Metoo movement women claiming sexual harassment just to be part of it even lying and exaggerating about it.

KAep grew up sheltered he is going through his Malcolm X phase and its cringeworthy, I went through that Malcolm X phase back int he 90s rocking the cross colors.

AA qb's certainly have a shorter leash as most owners would prefer a white qb to represent their franchise. Thats just a fact.

Colin Kaepernick is the prime example. He is a top 5 qb and doesnt even have a job. If he were a little lighter and a better company man he would be a star and doing commercials for fancy watches

Top 5 lmao.

Go away.

You and Zibby with that low level Kap trolling

Back